PDA

View Full Version : last 1 or 2 minutes of conversion lost

dnorcott
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I am converting to MP3 via the sound card driver. Some times I do not get the last 1 to 2 minutes of the original file in the MP3 file. I am assuming the remainder of the file is fine (no problems noticed).
This does not always occur, I usually set record time to original file play time plus 5 minutes but have extended by an hour and still had the problem. Not sure why it works when it does as the input is the same.

BELOW IS THE LOG IN WHICH THERE IS ONE SUSPECT LINE
Wed Dec 10 3:42:37 PM Too many streams. Some data may be lost

Audio Record Summary:
Version 8.52
URL =
Days=
Next = Unscheduled
Source = General Streaming Audio
Record-to Format = MP3 AM Stereo Quality (14 Mb/hour)
Convert-to Format = Nothing - Leave As Is
Audio Record Method = Replay AV Audio Driver
Eliminate Dead Air: 30 Seconds
No Create New Track after silence option
No Split Tracks after time
Automatic retuning disabled
Mute while recording disabled
Tuning Format: Other

Wed Dec 10 8:27:31 AM Start Recording False Memories 1 Dean Koontz
Wed Dec 10 2:43:01 PM Maximum number of streams detected
Wed Dec 10 3:42:37 PM End Recording
Wed Dec 10 3:42:37 PM Too many streams. Some data may be lost
Wed Dec 10 3:42:54 PM Moved file from C:\WINDOWS\Temp\arad3.wav
Wed Dec 10 3:42:54 PM Moved file to D:\MyDocuments\My Recordings\False Memories 1 Dean Koontz\False Memories 1 Dean Koontz Dec 10.mp3
Wed Dec 10 5:42:09 PM

Any help appreciated

Cheryl Wester
12-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Try and record using stream capture instead of audio. Apparently this site has a lot of different streams and AV can handle only so many in audio format. Thanks.

dnorcott
01-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I was playing a file to create an MP3 version.

What I think was happening was when I was near the end of the recording I would start doing some other work while waiting for it to finish.

It appears I was triggering other sounds (appointment reminder sound, etc) that were interfering with the recording (which I did not hear as speakers turned down). At one point my entire 6 hour recording consisted of a 5 second windows wav file and this is when I realized what was happening.

I thought that sending another sound through the sound card would only inter fer with the recording rather than terminating it.