PDA

View Full Version : hooray replay radio 9

ravuser
11-26-2013, 09:09 AM
really happy to see replay radio 9 :)

would this be the forum where we can ask questions about its features and operation?

hask
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Looks cheap enough for current users. I will give it a try.

Hask

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm sure it will be listed soon. We are also really excited about it and like how it is working. Thanks.

hask
11-27-2013, 06:56 AM
I have been playing around with it for a while. It seems to work well but there are some things that I haven't figured out yet.

Can you record audio in?

Can you automatically have a recording sent to iTunes after it is completed?

Can you start the program automatically when windows starts? (I know there are ways of doing this outside of the program.)

All of these options were included in RAV 8. It seems that this program is not as full featured. Obviously, there is no way to record Sirius/XM. I haven't found anything that RR9 does that RAV 8 couldn't do. Still for $9.95 a year for registered users, I guess it is worth it, since it will be supported and hopefully updated with new features from time to time.

Hask

Cheryl Wester
11-27-2013, 05:50 PM
We have an update that will allow you to import to iTunes automatically. There was a small bug and the update is being tested now. When it is released you will have a small update icon on the bottom of the program
The program will automatically open when it needs to do a recording so if it is closed and you have something scheduled it will work

Sirius/XM will work with audio recording but not stream capture.

hask
11-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi Cheryl.

I don't get how to record audio output. When I try to set it up, it still asks for the URL. If I leave it blank, it gives me an error message and won't schedule the recording.

Hask

Cheryl Wester
11-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Please clarify what you mean by audio output. Do you mean to record something that is connected to your computer or do you mean you are hearing something and would like to record it.

unclemike
11-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Please clarify what you mean by audio output. Do you mean to record something that is connected to your computer or do you mean you are hearing something and would like to record it.In RAV8 you could schedule a recording of XM satellite radio. All I did was open the XM player
and it would record. I think you would call this audio input.

hask
11-29-2013, 07:00 AM
I have a Sirius radio plugged into the line in jack on my computer. In RAV 8, when I set up a recording it gives me the choice between capture by dowqnloading streams and capture by recording audio (speakers, mic, line in). Choosing the second one records whar the radio is playing, and I can leave the URL box blank. In RR 9, the choices are direct download and record audio output. If I choose record audio output, it will not let me schedule the recording, it says please enter URL. Is there a way to schedule a recording by capturing audio from the line in jack as there is in RAV 8?

Hask

Please clarify what you mean by audio output. Do you mean to record something that is connected to your computer or do you mean you are hearing something and would like to record it.

Cheryl Wester
11-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks. I thought that was what was meant but wanted to make sure. Please see this for information on that: https://replayradio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

hask
11-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks. I have read through that and followed the instructions about adding soundrecorder.exe but I can't seem to get it to work. The way my system is set up, I do not hear the show through line in, although the bar graph is moving. That is how I want it. RAV 8 records it like that with no problem. With RR 9, I just get recorded silence. It's not a big deal, as long as RAV 8 can record in this manner, I will use that.

Hask

Thanks. I thought that was what was meant but wanted to make sure. Please see this for information on that: https://replayradio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

wadio
12-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Glad to see the return of Replay Radio!! A few questions:

- Will RR9 direct-capture iHeart streams?

- Can RR9 be used as a "scheduling tuner" to stream one show after another for listening but not recording? If so, can I import my current schedule from ReplayAV 8?

- If the above isn't possible, can RR9 be installed alongside ReplayA/V 8 so that I can keep my current schedule of non-recording streams running?

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
12-24-2013, 10:01 AM
You are able to have both programs installed as they are different. Due to them being different you cannot transfer the schedule from one to the other. You are able to tune and not record if you wish. It is dependent on the
station as to if you are able to audio or direct download the stream.

wadio
01-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Thanks, Cheryl. So you're saying some station streams can't be direct-captured?

iHeart Radio has a stronghold on a huge number of Clear Channel and other stations across the country that I've found can't be direct-captured with Replay 8. The opening commercial is captured, then the stream disconnects. If that's also true of Replay 9 it means it has severely limited functionality right out of the box.

I was hoping the new Media Guide would provide direct links that would work for direct-capture. If not I don't understand the reason for paying for a subscription when all the normal links are easy to cut & paste into the program. Am I missing something? Can you elaborate?

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
01-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Our program does allow you to use either a direct download or an audio capture on a schedule. You are able to even capture two or more audio streams at the same time with the technology being used as they don't overlap.
We work hard on improving and adding to the program all the time and being able to capture more than one at a time even using audio capture is a great feature so you don't miss all of your favorite streams. Give it a try if you haven't already to see how you like it and how easy it is to use. It works great on Podcasts also. Each stream is different and Replay Radio takes that into consideration.

wadio
01-03-2014, 05:15 AM
OK, I'll give it a shot. If it can capture simultaneous audio streams that's pretty amazing! Capturing podcasts on a schedule seems like a real plus too. Thanks very much for your help!