PDA

View Full Version : I'm going nuts!. Please help

Cash Gifter
12-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Hello all. I recently downloaded replay conver 3.2. I have not had any problems with it actually converting. Here is the problem:

I have a 3 1/2 minute, 94 MB video I downloaded to my pc from my video camera and it is downloaded in .avi format. I run it through replay conver and convert to .wmv high quality (800 Kbps). No problem in doing this. I then import this video into Windows Movie Maker. No problem importing.

Once imported, I just put a title on it, that's all. This all works perfectly. When I try to save it, I get this message:

"Windows cannot save this file to the location. Check to see if source files are still there, destination is still there and there is enough disc space available." This is not word for word, but sumed up.

I get this same error message from movie make for any video that is run through replay converter. I have tried converting multilpe formats in replay converter, with no luck. It will convert them fine, it is just when they are taken into movie maker and the tried to save to my pc.

In troubleshooting, I imported the same video as mentioned above from my pc directly into movie maker, bypassing replay converter completely. Once it imported into movie maker, I performed the exact procedures. Nothing different. When I attempted to save it to my pc, it saved perfectly.

I retested these 2 procedures several times, with and without replay converter, and got the same results both times. It saves perfectly by bypassing replay converter. Once again, I have tried converting to several formats. I even unchecked all filters with no luck. Is this product not suited to work with Windows Movie Maker? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to talk to someone on the phone about this issue if possible. I have sent a ticket to tech support and am waiting for a response. Thank you.

MatthewC1000
12-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Hello all. I recently downloaded replay conver 3.2. I have not had any problems with it actually converting. Here is the problem:

I have a 3 1/2 minute, 94 MB video I downloaded to my pc from my video camera and it is downloaded in .avi format. I run it through replay conver and convert to .wmv high quality (800 Kbps). No problem in doing this. I then import this video into Windows Movie Maker. No problem importing.

Once imported, I just put a title on it, that's all. This all works perfectly. When I try to save it, I get this message:

"Windows cannot save this file to the location. Check to see if source files are still there, destination is still there and there is enough disc space available." This is not word for word, but sumed up.

I get this same error message from movie make for any video that is run through replay converter. I have tried converting multilpe formats in replay converter, with no luck. It will convert them fine, it is just when they are taken into movie maker and the tried to save to my pc.

In troubleshooting, I imported the same video as mentioned above from my pc directly into movie maker, bypassing replay converter completely. Once it imported into movie maker, I performed the exact procedures. Nothing different. When I attempted to save it to my pc, it saved perfectly.

I retested these 2 procedures several times, with and without replay converter, and got the same results both times. It saves perfectly by bypassing replay converter. Once again, I have tried converting to several formats. I even unchecked all filters with no luck. Is this product not suited to work with Windows Movie Maker? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to talk to someone on the phone about this issue if possible. I have sent a ticket to tech support and am waiting for a response. Thank you.

You maybe running out on HD disk space try disabling system restore in My computer Properties...
then, reenable it...to gain some extra space...:)

Cash Gifter
12-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I have 42 GB available

MatthewC1000
12-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I have 42 GB available
If your grydom criteria is video editing...you should give MOVAVI VideoSuite a try...15 day trial to use...it's a more sophisticated version of WMM.
And, you can remove pixelations as well, as other gimmicks like in the plus version you can convert the video to play backwards....:)

Cash Gifter
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Since my original post, I have downloaded 2 different trial versions of media encoders. Both work perfect. I have already paid money for this replay converter, therefore I would like to find out if there is a simple fix to my problem.

I am not into complicated editing, simple is better for me. That is what I like about the replay converter. But, it has to work first.

MatthewC1000
12-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Since my original post, I have downloaded 2 different trial versions of media encoders. Both work perfect. I have already paid money for this replay converter, therefore I would like to find out if there is a simple fix to my problem.

I am not into complicated editing, simple is better for me. That is what I like about the replay converter. But, it has to work first.

Honestly? I don't know what can be the issue here...unless your naming the file with strange characters like $&#! Try only letters no numbers e.g.:

video 1.avi =video one.avi also, try another video format like: .avi (Xvid) codec format...still having issues then, try reinstaling WMM, from, Microsoft.com site.

Kind Regards.

Cash Gifter
12-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I used just letters in naming. Also, I have tried multiple formats with no luck. Both converters from other companies worked fine. That tells me it's not Windows Movie Maker, it has to be this replay converter. I really do want to keep it since it is easy to use, but it needs to work.

flvrec0r3r
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
It is a Windows Movie Maker thing. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814836

It's reported that this can happen with really small files that have few effects or transitions even on PC's with plenty of RAM. Google the exact wording of the error message and you'll see the error and suggested Windows Movie Maker fixes from all over the web.

Cash Gifter
12-10-2008, 07:00 PM
This is not a small file, 94 MB.

Cash Gifter
12-10-2008, 07:06 PM
This is not a small file, 94 MB.

As a side note, in troubleshooting, I used a smaller video (23MB) and have had the same results. This replay converter is not doing it's thing.

Thanks for the link, I have been there already and done all they suggest. No luck. I do not understand this at all. It makes no sense to me. :(

MatthewC1000
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
As a side note, in troubleshooting, I used a smaller video (23MB) and have had the same results. This replay converter is not doing it's thing.

Thanks for the link, I have been there already and done all they suggest. No luck. I do not understand this at all. It makes no sense to me. :(
Yeah Windows Movie Maker (Included in Windows 2k or Higher) is not always solid/stable, trying another app might be a good idea...remember, its a try you don't have to buy it unless you wanna use
it beyond the trial period.