PDA

View Full Version : Help desk of Applian isn't able to help for more than "press start to record". Maybe you can? :)

Stranger7
10-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I will paste here the question I asked there:
I tried both media catcher versions - 4 and 5 in the trial versions, on two of my computers. One running WINDOWS 7 and one XP.
Both terminates ALL recordings for no reason at random time, fix them, and make them "completed". Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 5 hours.
I was able to see that when it happens, it also disconnect my internet connection for few seconds before it resumes.
And no, it's not my internet problem - I tried physically disconnect the LAN plug from my computer for 5 sec and it didn't stop the recordings.
It's something within the software.
I am considering buying it, but once in a while when I try your software I see it's still unreliable and bugs aren't fixed... But maybe it's a problem which is fixable. maybe you can help me solve it?
I looked around your forums and didn't find similar topic.

Another minor problems that some RTMP streams are unrecordable - They do being start to be captured and the bytes are accumulating, but then the software overloads the CPU, and when I press "cancel" to stop the download, nothing is actually downloaded - the file size is under 1kb. That happens in www.smotri.com

Thanks for the help.

Here is the reply I got:

HI,

Sorry that you are having troubles with Replay Media Catcher. Please try for me and uninstall all of Replay Media Catcher 4 & 5 and the network monitors that you see in your control panel (if they are listed)- winpcap and Applian network driver and reboot. Then during the installation, please use the "recommended" installation and reboot.
Please download from the link: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Also, you may try using the "network monitor" if "winpcap" is not working.

Please make sure that you always open Replay Media Catcher and click the green "START" button BEFORE you browse to the site that you wish to capture from.

Best regards,

And so I replied back:
Hey,
First, thank you for replying.
You assume I am a novice user, but not - I tried reinstalling several times. On two computers. I even reinstalled windows 7 on one of them and then tried again.
I also tried to change the network monitor and it didn't help. (Both can record, but still the program spontaneously terminates ALL records together at random time)
You also didn't answer my question about the second problem - That some RTMP streams do start to be recorded, but nothing is actually recorded when it's completed (the file size is less than 1kb), and while "Recording" it shows the data accumulates, but the CPU usage is extremely high.

Your software is nice, and I try it's demo everytime, but because everytime there are bugs I will not buy it, although I would really want to as it's so awesome.
Thanks

The second reply was again unrelated:
Hi,
Sorry you are not happy with Replay Media Catcher. When you are on a stream (that is not live) and cancel the download/recording, Replay Media Catcher will not capture the file, this will stop the download and will not be playable.

Best regards,

So... Is Applian hiring automated agents to answer? And maybe somebody which is a human can help me here? :)
And yes... I am persistent with making this program work because even though I just try the demo version it's really great, and can record EVERYTHING. Everything that all the open source programs out there won't!