PDA

View Full Version : converter failing on DVDs

Saz
12-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I just purchased the replay suite and I was trying to create digital copies of my DVDs but the converter fails on some DVDs. I'm using the DVD43 to unlock the DVDs so replay converter can convert them to MPEG-4. The system seems to get to the movie track and just hangs there. The handbrakecli task starts to run then stops and the system just sits idling. Is there some trick to get past this? The DVD it's stuck on now came out over a year ago.

MatthewC1000
12-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I just purchased the replay suite and I was trying to create digital copies of my DVDs but the converter fails on some DVDs. I'm using the DVD43 to unlock the DVDs so replay converter can convert them to MPEG-4. The system seems to get to the movie track and just hangs there. The handbrakecli task starts to run then stops and the system just sits idling. Is there some trick to get past this? The DVD it's stuck on now came out over a year ago.

Welcome to the forum, Saz :)

Replay Converter is intended for converting formats downloaded of Video/audio streaming websites. I would Google slysoft for this one.

Kind Regards.

tiredofspam
12-09-2008, 01:11 PM
It is an option on the main screen.

MatthewC1000
12-09-2008, 02:13 PM
It is an option on the main screen.
What??????!!!! you can???...:o I thought it was there to add files to DVD...:D
Not add the actual DVD. Thank you Tired :) I purchased another app
that does the same thing after, RC and, I had this all along and, never released it would convert DVDs to other formats. I'm ripping a DVD as we speak and, no "CSS" Warning...that's odd.

Saz
12-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I liked how easy this was to use after seeing the demo on the web site and the I went through a number of DVDs just fine. But then I hit 2 that caused the program to hang.

I had one other question about the conversion. How come when I capture a hulu stream and play it with the flash video player it says the file is 480X360 but after I convert the file is changes to 320X240 even though the target format said original frame size. I played it back on my old standard TV and it looked fine but would it matter if I wanted to play it back on an HDTV?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just getting into all this. If these questions have been answered somewhere else just point me to the right post and I'll read it.

MatthewC1000
12-09-2008, 02:32 PM
...if I wanted to play it back on an HDTV?

Try downloading Hulu HD files (depends on the show availability on HD content.

I had one other question about the conversion. How come when I capture a hulu stream and play it with the flash video player it says the file is 480X360 but after I convert the file is changes to 320X240 even though the target format said original frame size. I played it back on my old standard TV and it looked fine but would it matter

Answer (http://www.applian.com/replay-converter/demos/edit_target_formats.php)

Saz
12-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the link on how to change frame size. I was trying to put in 480X320 and getting an error every time. I'll try that later.

I tried downloading hulu HD files and it played fine with the flash player but after I converted the audio seemed to stutter. I saw a few other threads about that issue that I'll read later tonight. Is there a quick easy solution with RC that doesn't infolve other programs yet?