PDA

View Full Version : Spotify again!!!

Siddie
09-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

I have searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to this...

I was looking for a way to record Spotify in high quality.

The method I used which seems to work well is: RMC4 using audio capture and use the web player version of Spotify. It splits well (I am mostly recording classical music) and tags correctly. The only limitation is that it only records 128kb/s and I want much higher...

So I upgraded to the Replay whole suite version 5, and tried Replay Music 5.
I can only get this to work with the Spotify app, not the web player, but I don't mind which one I have to use... The only problem here is that it seems to tag OK but doesn't split well - often not splitting at all. Then if I adjust the split point so it is more sensitive it splits in the middle of a quiet passage of music. Not good.
So I might go back to RMC using the audio capture part, but is there any way of making it record in higher resolution?

Any other suggestions on how to get RM5 to split better? Are there any suggested setups for different types of music?

I want to record my whole playlist (3000ish tracks) into mp3 so I can use them with my iPod classic in the car and at work...

Thanks

Siddie.

P.S. I am mainly a Mac user, and I only start up in windows to use Replay suite - how wonderful it would be if there was a Mac version of the suite... I can't find anything else anywhere near as good.

Jeff Lenney
09-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi Siddie

Is your problem with Replay Media Catcher, or Replay Music?

You mentioned RMC, but you placed this ticket in the Replay Music forum - which is the ideal program for recording from spotify..

Thanks for clarifying

Siddie
09-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi - my main problem is with Replay Music - it doesn't split the tracks well. I am trying to record classical music with lots of loud and then quiet passages, and RM usually doesn't split the tracks at all. I have tried adjusting the settings, but I can't seem to make it work better.
The point I made was that Replay Music doesn't seem to handle the music well, whereas RMC using the audio recording function splits the tracks with very few errors, but that it only records in a low bitrate.

I hope you understand me!

Siddie.

Cheryl Wester
09-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Classical is hard due to what you have mentioned. Put the music in a playlist. Use the silence.mp3 file that is in Program Files between each song. It is a simple matter of cut and paste.

Nullgrad
10-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Hi - my main problem is with Replay Music - it doesn't split the tracks well. I am trying to record classical music with lots of loud and then quiet passages, and RM usually doesn't split the tracks at all. I have tried adjusting the settings, but I can't seem to make it work better.
The point I made was that Replay Music doesn't seem to handle the music well, whereas RMC using the audio recording function splits the tracks with very few errors, but that it only records in a low bitrate.

I hope you understand me!

Siddie.

You need Replay Music if you want higher bit rate . For classical music I suggest you untick auto split and split manually at the end of each piece of music, that's if you are using Replay Music.