PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher 4 - "Unhandled Exception" - won't record

guikwiknote
09-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi, first post. Used the program for quite a long time without issues, but lately it's stopped working. When I open the program, I get:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Contionue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object of Type 'System.Version' cannot be converted

If I click details,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'System.Version' cannot be converted to type 'System.String'.
at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ckHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba ck(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallba cks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4984 (win******)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
armcp

I've uninstalled and re-installed the program many times, using the CD sent to me. Thank you for any assistance.

Jeff Lenney
09-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Hmmm, that's going to need a little TLC

Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

guikwiknote
09-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Thank you, Jeff. Afraid I'm very technically challenged. The "record log file," presume that's the stuff I posted in my initial thread, yes? The "Unhandled exception...." and "See the end of this message...Exception text..." stuff, yes?

Thank you.

Jeff Lenney
09-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Thank you, Jeff. Afraid I'm very technically challenged. The "record log file," presume that's the stuff I posted in my initial thread, yes? The "Unhandled exception...." and "See the end of this message...Exception text..." stuff, yes?

Thank you.

That is correct - they MIGHT need more info from you, but if they do they'll let you know. I'd start with that first :)

guikwiknote
09-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks, Jeff.

anjomi
11-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Did this issue get resolved?

After I had to reinstall Windows & RMC4, I now get this error message when launching it. If I click on continue it does work, but seems very unstable.

Thanks

Jeff Lenney
11-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Did this issue get resolved?

After I had to reinstall Windows & RMC4, I now get this error message when launching it. If I click on continue it does work, but seems very unstable.

Thanks

You might need to contact support directly for this as well, as the issue may be unique to your own PC.

pietpuk10
12-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Well? Has this been resolved yet? I have same issue since a few months. I think by now, you guys must know what the problem is, so please just give the solution here and don;'t refer me.
Marc