PDA

View Full Version : RMC v5 conflict with the utility SnagIt

sgm
09-07-2013, 03:58 PM
If I install RMC v5, a program I use for screen capture, SnagIt, stops working. The SnagIt program starts (I can see the executable "snagit.exe" in the window task manager), but the SnagIt User Interface (UI) never comes up. I have to terminate the SnagIt program with the task manager.

If I fall back to RMC v4, SnagIt works fine. I can go back and forth like this between RMC v4 and v5, and SnagIt works every time with RMC v4 installed, but SnagIt never works with RMC v5 installed.

Jeff Lenney
09-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I use both SnagIt and RMC5 together with no problems at all.... I'm sorry, I'm not able to replicate this issue nor has anybody else reported it.

Anybody else on here having this issue?

sgm
10-13-2013, 11:53 AM
OK......I guess it must be my system. Strange tho that RMC v4 plays fine with SnagIt but RMC v5 does not. (BTW, this is with WinXPsp3)

doncht
10-19-2013, 08:48 AM
If you really wanted to get to the bottom of this, I would suggest to check Windows Event Viewer. It would provide you logs why SnagIt won't work. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

sgm
11-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I cleared all events; then ran the 2 programs. I got no msgs of any kind from XP events.

I have an old version of SnagIt; perhaps newer versions work OK. I found a substitute program (MWSnap) which works OK with RMC However, I don't like as well as SnagIt; but I get by with it.

Jeff Lenney
11-09-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm using snagit 8 myself and it works fine. What version are you on?