PDA

View Full Version : 59 Second Conversions from YT

whizzboom
08-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Hello,

I ran 4.3.2 for a couple years without issue. Now, suddenly, I'm running into the separate audio/video issue on YT. From reading up on here and some help from the live chat person, I found out about running my captures in 'raw'mode, so hopefully that will help. Also, been suffering with the massive amount of multiple captures... but I could live with that aspect of it SO LONG AS I WAS GETTING A FULL CONVERSION IN THE END!

Let me clarify - I only use RMC for YouTube. I download and compile video for a disabled friend that has trouble navigating the internet. But, if I can't make the full file conversion to NTSC DVD format, it's useless to me.

Did something change with regards to the functionality of the trail version? I never had this issue before. I feel like I've been thwarted at every turn - first I was sifting through the massive amount of multiple captures. Then I discovered YT is splitting my audio and video. Now that I've found what will hopefully be a way around that, it requires I upgrade to the latest version... which won't give me more than a 60 second conversion.

I submitted a ticket last week - admittedly, this was before I figured out the former 2 issues by reading here in the forums. But at last check it hadn't even been assigned yet.

Can anyone tell me about this 59 second issue? If I have to start running everything through a secondary piece of software in order to get a full conversion, this process just got very inconvenient.

Thanks,
Chris

whizzboom
08-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Jeff, can you help? I actually discovered that the conversions read as being 50% in size, but they still only play for 59 seconds regardless... evidence of a glitch of some kind.

Thanks,
Chris

whizzboom
09-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Hello,

I am still only getting 59 second conversions on Youtube videos when using the latest version of RMC. Can someone please offer me a solution?

Thanks,
Chris

Jeff Lenney
09-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi Chris

I'm so sorry for the delayed response, I do try to help with RMC in the forums when I can - but I actually don't support that program personally (we have many programs, I work with about half of them)

If you don't mind, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket so our RMC team can assist with this. :)

http://applian.com/support.php

whizzboom
09-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks Jeff - trying again with them. Last time I tried to contact them, it took over a week to get a response and it didn't solve my issue. :rolleyes:

Jeff Lenney
09-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks Jeff - trying again with them. Last time I tried to contact them, it took over a week to get a response and it didn't solve my issue. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that - just FYI we are having our yearly employee meeting now so a response MIGHT be a tad bit longer than a day or two, HOWEVER if you don't hear back after 2 days feel free to follow up to the ticket.

whizzboom
09-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi There,

Shellie sent me an email saying I should uninstall all instances of Applian stuff, etc, then download the latest version from the demo page and make sure to go with the 'recommended' settings. I kinda knew this wouldn't change anything, which it didn't. I am still only getting 59 seconds converted of each video. I get the full version of the original .flv (or what have you) but only a 59 second mpeg. It makes no sense, and it's driving me crazy.

ARGH!:(

Jeff Lenney
09-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi There,

Shellie sent me an email saying I should uninstall all instances of Applian stuff, etc, then download the latest version from the demo page and make sure to go with the 'recommended' settings. I kinda knew this wouldn't change anything, which it didn't. I am still only getting 59 seconds converted of each video. I get the full version of the original .flv (or what have you) but only a 59 second mpeg. It makes no sense, and it's driving me crazy.

ARGH!:(

I'm really sorry to hear that, Shellie is the lead in that department and should be able to help you get it working. If she cant after a few more replies, she'll probably ask the programmer directly for assistance - so thanks for your patience, I'm sure we'll get the issue resolved :)

whizzboom
09-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Hiya,

I sure hope so - today makes a week since our last exchange.

Cheers,
Chris

whizzboom
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Jeff,

If you see this, I'm asking for your help. Shellie and I are averaging about 1 exchange per week, which is dragging out this problem for a ridiculously long period. I was asked most recently to supply links to the YT files I'm having trouble with - but the problem isn't specific to any few videos... it's any and all videos on YT. Also, when I tried converting to Mp3s most recently, just to have sound files of a few songs, the same thing happened (59 seconds of audio).

Thanks,
Chris