PDA

View Full Version : Msg "Applian Director is already running", but it's NOT!

Emmbee
07-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Whenever I try to launch Applian Director, it always pops up a message box saying: "Applian Director is already running. Click OK to open it." However, it is not actually running, at least not in any way I recognize! And when I click "OK", nothing happens!

There's no process running with a name similar to 'director.exe'. Here's a list of the running processes in alphabetical order (I'm running 32-bit XP Pro/SP3):

alg.exe
aspnet_state.exe
ati2evxx.exe
avconfig.exe
avgnt.exe
avguard.exe
avshadow.exe
CCC.exe
cmdagent.exe
csrss.exe
dldocoms.exe
dldomon.exe
dmadmin.exe
explorer.exe
IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
IAStorIcon.exe
Iconoid.exe
iduServ.exe
lsass.exe
LSSrvc.exe
mdm.exe
MOM.exe
RTHDCPL.EXE
sched.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe (x 8; i.e., there are 8 of these running)
System
System Idle Process
UtMsgAgt.exe
winlogon.exe
WinPatrol.exe
wmiprvse.exe

I recognize all of those, and don't see anything that could be 'director.exe', even in disguise, unless director runs as one of the "svchost.exe" processes. Is that true?

Please help me identify Applian Director's process name, or tell me why it thinks it's running when it actually isn't.

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
07-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Have you tried a reboot of your system to see if that corrects the problem?

Emmbee
07-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Have you tried a reboot of your system to see if that corrects the problem?

Sorry for the great delay in responding, and thanks for your reply.

Naturally, a reboot will resolve the problem, just as it will resolve countless other problems, but I'm sure you realize that's not the issue.

Being forced to reboot is no solution whatsoever. What's needed is an explanation from Applian that describes just why Director thinks it's running when it actually isn't (is there some flag mis-set somewhere in RAM? Did a device driver or service fail to unload properly? Or what?) And along with that explanation, Applian needs to explain exactly how to repair that situation without being forced to reboot!

So I'm still waiting for a more helpful reply...

Jeff Lenney
07-25-2013, 10:57 PM
There is a new version of Applian Director available. Please click here to immediately download the lastest version. Close Replay Director prior to running the setup file. No need to re-install any of your Applian programs. This link will download and instal Replay Director only.

http://applian.com.s3.amazonaws.com/DirectorSetup.exe

Let me know if this does the trick for you - but I cant guarantee it will work right without a reboot.

doncht
08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
I'm thinking that one of the processes above are from Applian. it's just named differently. Is there a documentation on the lists of processes that are running when we have Applian open? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif