PDA

View Full Version : Audio recording also records room noise

cschaeff
12-07-2008, 02:13 PM
When recording, the quality of the sound is poor. It sounds like when making a home movie and the mic is on the camera, people far away from the camera sound terrible. Much to my surprise, as I was recording I said something to someone who was in the room. That got recorded too.

So what appears to be happening is the sound from what I am recording is being played thru the speakers then its being picked up by a microphone that is built into my laptop. If I plug a dummy plug into the mic input, no sound is recorded by Replay Video Capture (RVC).

My computer is a HP/Compaq 6715b. The sound card is a SoundMax HD Audio. I've poked around in the RVC audio settings and don't see anything to click or unclick concering microphones. In the Sound settings, all inputs are muted except WAV and the Master. (If I mute WAV no audio is heard from the program I want to record.

By the way, what I'm recording is from Saba's "Centra" program, not from a webpage.

cschaeff
12-07-2008, 04:19 PM
I found you need to go into Audo Test, and in the Audio Inputs dropdown I found options. Three options were: Stereo Mix, Microphone, Line In. Choosing Stereo Mix did the trick.

JayneM
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
I went to the Settings as you suggested, but don't have the Stereo-mix selection. just Line In, Microphone, and Digital Mic. I tried taping over the microphone, but it doesn't make any difference. I even tried turning off the Speech recognition, but then get no sound at all.
I tried to use the Universal Audio driver, which works great, but keeps cutting out with spells of loud hissing. Why won't this work? I have Freecorder, and it works great with "Record with Freecorder Audio Driver" and "REcord from Freecorder Audio Input Driver" selected, at 128kbit/sec. I cranked the FPS up to 25 from 20, and got greatly improved video.
I've spent about 4 hours (today) fussing with this, tried every combination, and am getting discouraged.
Have a Dell Inspiron 1521, dual core, 2G ram, and XP. Appreciate any help!!
Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
See if adjusting the volume a little more in the settings makes the universal driver work better for you. Also, make sure you are running with administrative rights.