PDA

View Full Version : Torrent downloading... will it auto restart?

bfranker
07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Hello,

I'm downloading a few TV episodes that I missed. If I shut down my computer with the torrent downloads NOT complete, when RMC5 restarts, will it properly begin downloading the torrent again if it stopped 1/2 way through when I turned off the computer?

I don't want to lose the progress I have thus far but if I can restart my computer, I need to do that :)

Thanks!

bfranker
07-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Ok... either there is a bug or ? but I noticed the "restart" option for downloading so I went ahead and restarted RMC5. Even though every torrent I had going had 15+ seeders, each one of them when I tried to "restart" gives tells me that the stream connection details have expired. It had only been an hour or so since I started all these and I doubt that all of them have no seeders. So, it appears the restart option is not working?

crs
07-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Hey -

If you shut your computer down and RMC stops running (ie you dont sleep or hibernate) then the state is lost. Ie restart only works for items from the current session.

Torrents really need the ability to pause and resume. Why not lodge a support request and ask for a feature enhancement.

HTH

- CRS

bfranker
07-04-2013, 07:53 AM
I actually just restarted RMC5 (didn't restart computer) and it didn't work so if the "restart" option doesn't even work for that, I'm not sure what it is there for?

crs
07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually just restarted RMC5 (didn't restart computer) and it didn't work so if the "restart" option doesn't even work for that, I'm not sure what it is there for?

Hey -

I explained above that the session data does not survive across application restarts. If you shut down RMC then try and restart anything then the session information will have expired.

CRS

bfranker
07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey -

I explained above that the session data does not survive across application restarts. If you shut down RMC then try and restart anything then the session information will have expired.

CRS

Gotcha... I thought you explained what happened when you restart the computer... which is sometimes different than restarting an application as applications can run in the background even if not running :)

I guess the "restart" option has no real useful purpose then other than if you use the "pause" option which I'm not sure why anybody would ever do that. LOL

doncht
07-06-2013, 06:03 AM
If you really want to have this enable at startup. There can probably be ways. Maybe a combination of Windows task scheduler + an auto clicker. I myself haven't tried this by the way. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

bfranker
07-08-2013, 10:53 AM
If you really want to have this enable at startup. There can probably be ways. Maybe a combination of Windows task scheduler + an auto clicker. I myself haven't tried this by the way. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

Thanks :) I was just playing around with it downloading a few things. I think it would probably be easier though, if I have problems, to just use a regular torrent program. This works good though for getting a few episodes that I might miss getting with the DVR. Thanks!