PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Recording Time for Replay Video Capture?

hermitnerd
07-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Will Video Capture let me record at least 10h in one go (to MPEG-2)? Has anyone tried this? The demo only allows 2 minutes of recording, so the demo can't be used for assessing the maximum recording time, if there is one.

Cheryl Wester
07-02-2013, 02:16 PM
The program is capable of this but the issue would be if your computer is. The file size would be huge. Personally I would reboot and record about every three hours.

hermitnerd
07-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the reply.

What would be the main limiting factor on my computer, the amount of RAM? Does it keep the recording in RAM while it is capturing? I have 8GB of RAM but not sure if Video Capture can access it all. I am less concerned about file size on the hard drive.

Is there a way of upgrading from VideoClone to Replay Video Capture?

Also if Video Capture doesn't work on my system for some reason (for recording 8 - 10 hours straight), is there any way to get a refund?

hermitnerd
07-03-2013, 08:56 AM
It would be so helpful if you guys provided a demo that didn't have a recording time limit, but expired after 10 days or something. That way we could test the supposed "unlimited" recording time feature on our systems, without losing $30 or $40 dollars on something that doesn't meet our needs. If I could see that it works on my system, I would spend more money on Applian products.

But if all I get out of my efforts to post questions in this forum and create a customer support ticket, is a recommendation to "reboot every 3 hours", I'm definitely taking my money elsewhere. Unless I get more info (or a less limited demo) from Applian, what I'm reading between the lines is, "the way our software is built, it won't record for more than 3 hours on most systems".

Cheryl Wester
07-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I do record for more than 3 hours without an issue but I would recommend that to just refresh your screen and free up memory. The program is power intensive and the majority of computers won't be able to handle such a large recording of ten hours without a reboot. I can't tell you if your system will work or not as each system has different programs installed, different memory, different updates, etc. We do have a 30 day money back guarantee also, so if the demo is not meeting your needs you would be able to try it using that method.

hermitnerd
07-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the reply! I will try it out and post the results here.

hermitnerd
07-10-2013, 09:48 AM
I've purchased WM Capture / Replay Video Capture and I am able record for 10 hours straight, producing files around 10GB in size.

Thanks for the info Cheryl, it helped a lot.

Cheryl Wester
07-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Great. Glad it is working for you. Thanks for letting us know.