PDA

View Full Version : Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

dmgonzales
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
The program starts fine, but after I choose a file to split, the program just freezes and nothing works. I can't even close the program without going to the Start Task Manager. Anyone have a fix for this problem?

kevinster
02-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm having same problem. It was working real good and better then ever since I learned how to use it. now I select file after opening splitter it locks up. Hopefully it will work again. I did a defrag and reboot but still not work?. :confused:

sachino72
02-10-2009, 11:39 PM
I've been having the same problem since I got it several months ago. I tried tech support, but their suggestions haven't worked. Any other ideas?

solsticeLS9
02-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I purchased the 'Suite' on 12-18-08. Splitter worked like a charm up until a couple of weeks ago. After choosing a file, it now locks up/freezes and one can't click anywhere inside the Splitter window just as the above posters have stated. Cursor resorts to the 'hourglass' while inside the Splitter window.

If I open and close another program on top of Splitter it leaves behind part of the closed program inside Splitters' window. In fact, before I began using the Task Manager, I couldn't even 'reboot' when clicking 'Restart'. You could only get rid of Splitter by manually turning off your 'puter. I tried closing the program in the task bar with a 'right click' and it gives a quick 'blink' and disappears. So, I too, can only close the program by ending the process in the Task Manager.

I then decided that what-the-hell, I'll try re-entering my activation code. Maybe that was the ticket! Well, sorry to say, this also failed as when clicking 'Help' to re-enter my code, not a thing happened; it's all inoperable. The window to enter your code wouldn't even open.

Now...we four can't be the only ones with this problem. I'll just bet there are many more users of 'Splitter' who are just waiting to see what pops up in this forum, but since 12/07/08, (the first post) there has been no fix. Is Applian following that bridge to nowhere?

Cheryl Wester
02-17-2009, 08:45 PM
If you have not updated to our latest version please do so. We posted it about two weeks ago and people have been very happy with it. give it a try and if you continue to have a problem let us know.

jcm15032
02-18-2009, 07:36 AM
me too!
Used the splitter couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. Now everytime I try to open a file it just clocks. Converted files to avi and wmv. Nothing works

solsticeLS9
02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
If you have not updated to our latest version please do so. We posted it about two weeks ago and people have been very happy with it. give it a try and if you continue to have a problem let us know.

Update? UPDATE? C'mon now, Curly would've exclaimed, "Why, soitenly!" Of course, I have the current version of which you speak; Version 1.6.902.9. Am I unaware of anything more current than this? If so, I'm not worthy.

Since my previous post of 2/15, I've uninstalled/reinstalled countless times, cleaned my registry, (there wasn't anything wrong w/registry in the first place, except deleting Applian's stuff), reformatted, 'searched' and shredded my drive(s) of all Applian/Replay folders & files and THEN, when Splitter STILL wouldn't function properly, I finally wiped my drive(s) and did one of the best installs of my life. At this point, my 'puter couldn't have been more 'clean' than purchasing new. I then installed Splitter all by it's little lonely self without any other programs from their Suite.

Tension was mounting, my right hand was quivering as I finally worked up enough gall in my index finger to click 'Register' in 'Help' and you know what? The very first thing that happened was my hair began falling out in clumps as it again, still won't even let me register. Back to square one...or is it square two? Can someone do better than just suggesting a 'current version' update? I just love throwing money away. And I must be the only one with demons living in their 'puter. Yup! That's it! There they are now!

P.S. If jcm15032 read Cheryl's post and applied her suggestion, I would assume it hasn't anything to do with a current version.

(THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT.)
All Have A Wonderful Day!

L.Woods
02-18-2009, 02:38 PM
For me the splitter only works in one out of ten times. Most of the time my output file is just a black screen. :confused: I also have trouble playing my trimmed section. Sometimes it plays most times it doesn't. After reading this forum I don't think I'm going to get much help from tech support. Just thought I would let you guys know you are not alone with splitter problems.

L.Woods
02-20-2009, 05:44 AM
I gave Applian my e-mail addy hoping I would get some assistance with my problem, instead they sent me junk mail wanting me to promote their product. I have issues with the Splitter, I'm about to put warnings on my Web Site, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter.

sylva
02-27-2009, 06:38 AM
I have to say that I am disappointed with the number of posted problems that are occurring with Replay Media Splitter. I myself have at present version 1.4.0.0 which, including all previous versions have responded to my needs without failure.

It may well be that this is because my uses are very simple, for I only use the Trimmer for extracting excerpts from a particular pre recorded ‘consumer problems’ radio program. Of course the radio programs are recorded via Replay AV.
Admittedly it would be nice if the splitter slider could be devised to create a more smooth and precise start and stop facility.

Cheryl Wester
03-05-2009, 09:58 PM
When we have an issue that we can't solve we send it to the developer. He works on that particular issue and often we have another update to correct the problem. This is an example as we have a brand new update just this afternoon. Please give it a download and see if it corrects the problem you have been experiencing. Thanks.

If you still have an issue please contact us at tech support as we are there to help.

Rosanne
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Windows XP Pro SP 3
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
2GB RAM
Intel Q35 chipset
KLM K-Lite mega codec pack
WMP 9

...running trials of Replay AV8, Replay Converter, Replay Media Splitter.
...attempting to load a 1.4Mb WMV file, former RM9 file, downloaded with RAV8, converted with RC 3.37.

Symantec Endpoint Protection (tried both with it enabled and disabled... install was with it disabled)

I tried re-downloading and reinstalling it (just over the old version), and I'm having the same problem. As an above poster stated, I too had to kill RMS with the Task Manager.

~ Rosanne

Cheryl Wester
07-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Are you running the program with administrative rights? If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support as more information will be needed. Thanks.

Rosanne
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Will do. Thanks :)

Paidion
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm having the same problem. Splitter worked fine just a few days ago. Tried it on the same media file and now it hangs. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded the very latest version a few minutes ago and it also hangs.

Cheryl Wester
07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
If you are not able to split the file and you are using the latest version please contact tech support as additional information will be needed. Also, do make sure to run the program with administrative rights.

carlosjesus
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I purchased the 'Suite' on 12-18-08. Splitter worked like a charm up until a couple of weeks ago. After choosing a file, it now locks up/freezes and one can't click anywhere inside the Splitter window just as the above posters have stated. Cursor resorts to the 'hourglass' while inside the Splitter window.

If I open and close another program on top of Splitter it leaves behind part of the closed program inside Splitters' window. In fact, before I began using the Task Manager, I couldn't even 'reboot' when clicking 'Restart'. You could only get rid of Splitter by manually turning off your 'puter. I tried closing the program in the task bar with a 'right click' and it gives a quick 'blink' and disappears. So, I too, can only close the program by ending the process in the Task Manager.

I then decided that what-the-hell, I'll try re-entering my activation code. Maybe that was the ticket! Well, sorry to say, this also failed as when clicking 'Help' to re-enter my code, not a thing happened; it's all inoperable. The window to enter your code wouldn't even open.

Now...we four can't be the only ones with this problem. I'll just bet there are many more users of 'Splitter' who are just waiting to see what pops up in this forum, but since 12/07/08, (the first post) there has been no fix. Is Applian following that bridge to nowhere?

I also jhave the same exact problem im still waiting for tech support to assist.

Cheryl Wester
03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
The developer is aware of this issue. It is difficult when it can't be duplicated. When we have a fix it will be posted. Thanks for your patience in this issue while it is being looked at and worked on.

jasper8513
03-13-2010, 02:06 PM
I had the same issue and resolved it by going to applian folder in start menu and clicking on EnableDshowcodecs. Might help somebody.

sdvtrvl
03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Just purchased last nite and having exact same issue...unable to pull in files to edit.

jasper8513
03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
You may have an issue with user account control if you cannot drag and drop into splitter. To confirm, go to start/control panel/user accounts/change user account control settings/move slider to never notify, the see if you can drag and drop.

Cheryl Wester
04-07-2010, 03:00 PM
The developer is working on a new version of this and we hope to have it out in about two weeks. Hopefully it will correct this issue.

tmoss
04-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey I think I found a half way fix. If you use the "Applian Director command center" open it up. Then make sure that all the programs on the right listing have green check marks and are up to date. (Even if you don't use the program. because it might have an old DLL file the new update shares - not sure, so update all your programs. NEXT go ahead and restart you computer for good measure. Then I'm not sure how you were starting your Media Splitter before but this time start it from the "Applian Director Command Center" deck. BINGO - (maybe) this is a fix for you. It fixed mine.
Hope it works for you.

tmoss

Cheryl Wester
04-25-2010, 07:20 AM
We have a brand new update that corrects many issues that have been mentioned. Please give the new version a try and I believe you will be happy. Make sure you uninstall and reboot first. Thanks.

Ed_N
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Not long after I clipped a movie, I tried to open another file and that is when it locked up. I uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure I got the latest version and it still locked up when I tried to open a file. Anyways I let it load. It eventually loaded the file but it took around a minute or so. It also takes quite some time to save a file, even one that is less than 200 mb. Otherwise it still does the job for me. I don't know why this all started today because I opened and clipped files in the past few weeks with no problem whatsoever.

Cheryl Wester
02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
The larger the file the longer it takes to load. I generally do a fresh boot of my system prior to editing large files. See if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Ed_N
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
The larger the file the longer it takes to load. I generally do a fresh boot of my system prior to editing large files. See if that makes a difference. Thanks.

It definitely helped. I was able to clip a very large file that I couldn't clip yesterday, unfortuantely another problem popped up - no sound at all in the edited file. :(