PDA

View Full Version : RMC5--

allabout
06-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi All,

I recently upgraded to RMC5 and now when ever I go to the internet and try to use another program to download , RMC5 pops us
and prevents the program from downloading. I appreciate any and all help in solving this problem.

crs
06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Hey -

Not really sure what you mean but perhaps the following might help you:

If you have RMC running and monitoring is on then media will be detected and downloaded. If you dont want media downloaded then switch it off by clicking the Stop button. Then when you do want to download again switch it on by clicking the Start button.

If the other application your are talking about is a torrent client, and you dont want to use RMC as a torrent client but its popping up as the default torrent client, then when you installed RMC you had the register as torrent client checkbox clicked.
If you want another client to be the default torrent client then go into that client and click what ever button is in the settings to make it the default torrent client.

HTH

- CRS

allabout
06-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Many thanks CRS.. I changed the default as you suggested and RMC5 is now working.

spikey
07-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Hello, I have the same problem, and I tried following your advice but I can't seem to find the setting option to change the default. Now every time I try to download a torrent via bitspirit, RMC jumps in and it's so very frustrating. Can you please tell me where exactly I can find the option to change it?

crs
07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Hey -

I guess in the bitspirit options?

HTH

- CRS

spikey
07-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Hey -

I guess in the bitspirit options?

HTH

- CRS

I've already tried that, no good. But if it's RMC that's interfering with the downloads, shouldn't there be an option under its own settings, which for the love of God, is soooo complicated?

tp9ine
07-16-2013, 01:10 AM
when you install RMC5, doesn't it ask you whether you want to monitor incoming torrent files or not? anyway, my question is why are you using bitspirit it is such an outdated torrent client. try utorrent for no nonsense and you can take back association for .torrent files. if you don't want to do that then just right click a .torrent file on your computer, and 'open with' then browse to bitspirit, and make sure to check the box that says to "always use this program".

spikey
07-16-2013, 01:29 AM
when you install RMC5, doesn't it ask you whether you want to monitor incoming torrent files or not? anyway, my question is why are you using bitspirit it is such an outdated torrent client. try utorrent for no nonsense and you can take back association for .torrent files. if you don't want to do that then just right click a .torrent file on your computer, and 'open with' then browse to bitspirit, and make sure to check the box that says to "always use this program".

So far I've only needed RMC to record songs on Spotify and BitSpirit has worked just fine for me all these years. Besides I don't remember anything about the set up process or clicking whatever box that put me in this situation but I guess the easiest way out is to download another torrent client, so I'll give utorrent a go, thanks!