PDA

View Full Version : The MFC | Myfreecams thread

M202A1
06-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Whats the best settings for capturing from this site?

I'm using both RMC 4.4.5.0 and 5.0.0.97 Licensed.

I have tried many different settings and feeling quite disappointed with all the results. I think this is in part due to how the stream is streamed.
What are you thoughts?

crs
06-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Hey -

If your getting speed up recordings then you are getting a cam that is sending incorrect timestamps. Use the Fix FLV tool to adjust the timestamp increment. Either 15 or 25 normally does the trick. The Fix FLV tool is available in the context menu for the item downloaded.

If your not happy with the naming, switch of the naming rules in the settings that you dont want to use so only the active browser name is used.

HTH

- CRS

M202A1
06-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Thank you! this suggestion worked!

Hey -

If your getting speed up recordings then you are getting a cam that is sending incorrect timestamps. Use the Fix FLV tool to adjust the timestamp increment. Either 15 or 25 normally does the trick. The Fix FLV tool is available in the context menu for the item downloaded.

If your not happy with the naming, switch of the naming rules in the settings that you dont want to use so only the active browser name is used.

HTH

- CRS

Jeff Lenney
06-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Thank you! this suggestion worked!

Glad CRS's reply was able to help you :-)

EdCerqueira
07-02-2013, 07:33 AM
for me right now using RMC 5 to record myfreecams streams is screwed up, lots of bugs in video, but using RMC 4 is just fine.

M202A1
07-02-2013, 08:13 AM
for me right now using RMC 5 to record myfreecams streams is screwed up, lots of bugs in video, but using RMC 4 is just fine.

yes RMC5 is piss poor for MFC but here is what I do as a work around.

You have to use both RMC5 and RMC4 to achieve what you want.

Open RMC4 and go to Settings > RTMP Tweaks and check the section that says Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading).

http://i.imgur.com/jWUMA99.png

Record your videos as normal, once you have done that, right-click on the video and click Open Storage.
Drag and drop the video into the RMC5 window just like below.

http://i.imgur.com/IxBaZu2.png

Right-click on the video and select Fix FLV then click Fix Duration

http://i.imgur.com/eQbd2Vo.png

Click RTMP Timestamps and where is says Timestamp, set it to around 25. If the video is really long like 40 mins or so, set it to 40.
Click Fix Time

http://i.imgur.com/N3tURjL.png

Click Close and open the video. You will notice there will be no video ghosting or out of sync video or noises.

Enjoy!

crs
07-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Hey -

You can also fix flv file timestamps in 4. Select the file you want to fix and the Download > Fix FLV. Then expand the File Contents section just above the progress bar. Works exactly the same as v5's fix flv tool does from there on in.

But if you dont want to use the Fix FLV tool then you can also switch off the following settings when recording live cams from MFC.

In v4: Settings > RTMP Tweaks
In v5: Settings > Internet > RTMP

"Automatically Fix live streams and those without a duration"
"Rebase timestamps to 0"

These are on by default (in both 4 and 5) but for MFC better recordings can be obtained by switching them off without the need for a fix flv after.

HTH

- CRS

M202A1
07-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Ah yes you are right although in 4 it's not so obvious where the Timestamp fix is. Thanks again CRS

crs
07-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey -

A post in this thread https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?11287-Myfreecams-videos-very-low-quality has alerted us that the low quality comes when recording two or more cams in v5 when compared to v4.

This has allowed us to track down the issue in 5 and its fixed and will be in the next release - probably in the next few days.

- CRS

y2krebel
07-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Cool Thank You !

polymar
07-15-2013, 09:21 AM
If the video is really long like 40 mins or so, set it to 40.

I don't think this is right. If the video is normal at any size (even 200 MB or 1 GB) without fixing, put it at 15. If the video is FAST, regardless of size, set it higher. For example, if the video looks like it is playing super fast, set it towards 100 (that's the highest it can go). I've set it at anywhere between 25 to 100 before, and it fixes the speed. Making a higher interval between timestamps slows the video down. Conversely, a lower interval between timestamps speeds it up. However, since 15 is for a normal speed already, there's not much room to go below 15.

The programmers of this app should also consider increasing the maximum limit between timestamps above 100. I think 1000 (or 10000 possibly) would be more appropriate (for experienced users). With mfc, sometimes the larger size videos get all messed up and you need a much larger interval (occasionally 100 is not enough). If you look at the existing interval without fixing yet, the values are much higher than 100. If the programmers practiced with mfc as much as I have, they would find the same thing.

By the way, I like RMC4 much better than RMC5 currently, so fix those bugs and I may switch. Even the latest version currently (5.0.1.0) has problems and I still hate the video player that comes with it (which seems a lot like vlc player with a different interface). Let me use the old applian video player from RMC4 and I can fix the videos much better.

M202A1
07-23-2013, 05:26 AM
What setting do I need to change to make sure it names the file the correct name of the performer and not from other windows that are open?