PDA

View Full Version : To FLV Player Developer

petrogia
03-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Please if you can add a keyboard shortcut for the URL option like ctrl u

You have some built in keyboard shortcuts already like ctrl o, spacebar to pause and play the flv video, left arrow key rewinds the video but right arrow does not fast forward. The right arrow did fast forward in FLV 1.3 though.

Also if possible can you label the pictures/graphics within this player? They are not labeled for screen reader users. Use alt tag/text for the unlabeled graphics and allow the user to press his ENTER keyboard key on these buttons to activate them. I use no mouse. Blind users.

Thank you.

petrogia
04-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Please if you can add a keyboard shortcut for the URL option like ctrl u

You have some built in keyboard shortcuts already like ctrl o, spacebar to pause and play the flv video, left arrow key rewinds the video but right arrow does not fast forward. The right arrow did fast forward in FLV 1.3 though.

Also if possible can you label the pictures/graphics within this player? They are not labeled for screen reader users. Use alt tag/text for the unlabeled graphics and allow the user to press his ENTER keyboard key on these buttons to activate them. I use no mouse. Blind users.

Thank you.

The solution to play a copied URL is to copy that URL address and open the Applian FLV Flash player and paste the URL in with paste or ctrl -v keyboard command. To play a a .flv file that is located on your hard drive press ctrl -o and find the file.

flvrec0r3r
12-10-2008, 01:46 AM
right arrow does not fast forward. The right arrow did fast forward in FLV 1.3 though.
The latest version of the FLV Player, build 25, has two comments from the author: "...I restored the [arrow-right] shortcut to jump 5 seconds forward that was inadvertently disabled in build 24. Another addition is the ability to control the sound volume using the [arrow-up] (to increase volume) and [arrow-down] (to decrease volume) keys."

These are recent additions that I hope are helpful to a non-mouser.;) I suspect waiting for an installer from Applian is the best thing. Although Applian has acknowledged the use of this author's player, if downloaded separately from his site it installs in a different location. So the end user has in effect two players and two shorcuts. Maybe a note to Applian tech support would nudge a suggestion on how to proceed.