PDA

View Full Version : Making RMC5 look like RMC4

dfstreamer
06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
So 5.0.0.96 got released today. I have been asking for this functionality (via support) since 5 was released and its now there!

Thought I would post as I know the new UI has been a struggle from some of us old timers who just like things to be the way they were ;)

a. Download and upgrade to v5.0.0.96 from the applian website
b. At the new welcome screen select "List View Interface"
c. Then from the new view menu uncheck "Show Tabs"

Easy as. The old tree view has gone but its much easier with the toolbar at the top to control what you want to do - switch between downloading and audio recording is easily with that drop down. You can switch on any other tabs you need (like the scheduler) by showing the tabs again and then switching on the tabs you want.

I also saw in the release notes that it now supports the new YouTube format/protocol in Youtube Raw mode so tested it and it seems to work well. If you want that instead of it downloading based on the default Page mode then do this:

Library | Settings | Internet | HTTP Advanced | YouTube download method - Select Raw.

Page view still works fine but Raw mode from my testing allows you to change the quality in the YouTube player and a new download at that quality happens. You still get the download in the quality that the player started in as the player defaults to auto which I guess means it selects a quality based on your internet connection. Unfortunately you get ads in Raw mode which you dont most of the time in Page mode. Switching on the Ad Blocker in the settings blocks most of them though - the only ones I saw get passed were streamed from youtube.com. Blocking youtube.com in the adblocker though blocks all youtube downloads as you would expect i guess so dont do that as I did to start with :)

I also found the "small" interface today - thats cool! Its an icon on the Library page. I see its also on the tabs I now have hidden but never saw it before! I remember asking for that 2 years ago lol.

Btw as a Spotify user I must say the audio recording in RMC5 is quite amazing - great quality. Naming seems to work great as well.

Anyway some good improvements. Hope Applian continue to keep on top of all the YouTube changes as they happen!

- D

crs
06-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey -

Unfortunate YouTube changed again last night so if you have 0.96 installed and you are trying to capture Youtube music videos switch to Raw mode in the Settings > Internet > Http Adv.

Page mode should be able to download (at the moment) all none music videos.

Raw mode will be able to capture everything as it supports their new protocol as you mention above.

HTH

- CRS