PDA

View Full Version : Track Numbers are usually wrong

AndrewW
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Ah but someone will say, it's because it is a compilation.

BUT IT ISN'T

I have not really measured this, but I would guess that on average, well over 50% of all track numbers allocated are wrong.
I say wrong, they might be correct somewhere in the galaxy, but as far as I am concerned, they are just plain wrong.

:(

eforce
06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
I agree - the track numbers ARE usually incorrect. I'd think that would be a function of the information supplied by the TAG database rather than RPM though. Regardless, it IS a PIA to have to manually edit each track for the track #. One suggestion for an update to RPM might be to add a function whereby one click would make the Track #'s equal the Sequence #'s. If one is recording a specific album, most often the S# should equal the T#.

Cheers

Cheryl Wester
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Some of the songs are in different albums and that can also cause this. The developer does read this. Thanks for the input.

AndrewW
06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
That issue can easily be corrected.
BUT WHY OH WHY OH WHY
After all this time.
Does it still overwrite tracks when it finds one of the same name.

I write software as a living, and it is NOT rocket science to check for things of the same Name, and add a number such as (1) etc to the end.
Even Windows does this with files, and that is fundamentally a dreadful piece of software from a database point of view.

Just an observation!