PDA

View Full Version : How is "After Recording, Convert to:" supposed to work?

thehobster
06-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I'm doing a Line Input capture. I have it set to capture MP3. It seems the default bit rate is 128k.

I have the setting for "after, convert to" Audio - MP3 (64kbps). The show_activity log file shows:

Record-to Format = MP3
Convert-to Format = Audio - MP3 (64 Kbps)

But it never converts that I see. How is this supposed to work?

thehobster
06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Just for grins I changed it to capture to WAV then do the conversion. Nothing happened.

I am seeing this consistently in the log file:

Fri Jun 14 2:58:18 PM Job1 "%CnvAppFolder\ConverterEng.exe" "InputFile=J:\Replay AV\Covino and Rich\Covino and Rich Jun 14.wav" "OutputFile=J:\Replay AV\Covino and Rich\Covino and Rich Jun 14.wav.mp3" OutputFormat=mp3 OutputType=audio AudioBitrate=64
Fri Jun 14 2:58:18 PM Job failed "\ConverterEng.exe" "InputFile=J:\Replay AV\Covino and Rich\Covino and Rich Jun 14.wav" "OutputFile=J:\Replay AV\Covino and Rich\Covino and Rich Jun 14.wav.mp3" OutputFormat=mp3 OutputType=audio AudioBitrate=64
Fri Jun 14 2:58:19 PM Conversion Job Target file less than 50K - conversion failed.

I also can't seem to manually launch the converter either from the Tools menu. Selecting Open Replay Converter does nothing. I can launch the Player from the Tools menu, so at least I know that works.

Cheryl Wester
06-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Are you able to open the Replay Converter from Program Files? Give that a try. What version of the converter are you using? If you continue to have a problem please submit a ticket to tech support.