PDA

View Full Version : Does this version record audio from swf content, and from "stereo mix"

cattledogit
05-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Will Replay Media Capture 5 stream-capture the audio from online swf audio and video content?
Will it support "Record Audio from Speakers" using "Stereo Mix" on Windows 8?

I like to record the audio only for some swf spoken audio and video content, then I speed up the speech when I listen on an mp3 player. I've used Replay A/V on XP so far for this with "Record Audio from Speakers" and "Stereo Mix". I've spent too much time trying Media Capture updates when they came out, and other Applian tools, but found no obvious improvements so I've stuck with Replay A/V 8. The improvement I hope for most is Stream-Capture of audio from swf content.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8. "Stereo Mix" worked at first with Replay A/V 8, but now I only see "ReplayAV Audio Driver", which uses the microphone to record.

Thanks.

Shellie Heggenberger
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
The best way to see this is try the Replay Media Catcher 5 in demo mode:
http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Replay Media Catcher can capture the swf audio if it is not protected. You can use the audio recorder in Replay Media Catcher:
http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/user_guide5.php#guide-audio_recorder

cattledogit
05-23-2013, 10:01 PM
I downloaded the demo, then tried using the Internet recording method on a flash-based recorded marketing webinar, but nothing was captured. I don't know why a marketing webinar would be protected, but I suppose it's possible.

I then tried the Audio recording method, but just one minute of a 90-minute webinar was recorded before recording stopped and the recording's icon showed "Complete". Why did it stop?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
05-24-2013, 05:16 AM
If you are in demo mode then there are time constraints. That is probably why it stopped recording.

cattledogit
05-25-2013, 12:08 PM
I wrote:
> I downloaded the demo, then tried using the Internet recording method on a flash-based recorded marketing webinar, but nothing was captured. I don't know why a marketing webinar would be protected, but I suppose it's possible.

The demo version as installed enabled only "Use WinPcap" under Settings -> Internet -> Monitor - Points to Monitor. The Brightcove-hosted webinar video I wanted to record didn't appear and so couldn't be recorded with "Use WinPcap." After clicking "Install Network Monitor", "Use Network Monitor" mode became available, and this mode allowed the video to be recorded very quickly as a streaming download, then converted to mp3. I therefore purchased a Capture Suite upgrade.

What's the difference between the "Use Network Monitor" mode and "Use WinPcap" modes? There's no explanation in the User Guide.

Thanks.

Shellie Heggenberger
06-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Basically you will want to use the Network monitor if you are capturing over a VPN.