PDA

View Full Version : Smooth streaming capture with multiple languages

mizer
04-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey,
I`m using RMC 4.4 and trying to capture silverlight video delivered via smooth streaming ( eurosport player ).

Once i start to record, i load up the page, login, when stream starts RMC gets the manifest and starts to download the stream ( good ) at the same time RMC is also grabbing loads of mp4 chunks ( not so good, but i don`t really care since those are garbage without the ISMV file that i can`t get so .. ).

Since it is a live stream - i need to cancel the download to stop it ( it messes up a file a little bit - beeing only playable via VLC - but it plays ).
So far so good, but here is when i face a problem - this stream have multiple audio channels in different languages.

Whatever i do on the player embedded in the website - RMC ignores it and catches only one audio channel from the beginning ( obviously - not the one i wanted :( )
There is a setting to change quality of smooth streaming video in RMC - but there is no setting at all to choose the audio channell.

Is there any simple setting i can change or some hack`n`slash solution ( edit the xml manifest, etc ) so i can choose the channell i want to download or download all available ?
Or maybe You can point me to the criteria based on which RMC chooses the audio channel ?

p.s. I can`t get You a url since it`s a payed, subscribed service so it won`t work that way

jamertroy
04-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi mizer, looks like this is a tough one. Any luck on a work around for this yet? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

Jeff Lenney
04-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey,
I`m using RMC 4.4 and trying to capture silverlight video delivered via smooth streaming ( eurosport player ).

Once i start to record, i load up the page, login, when stream starts RMC gets the manifest and starts to download the stream ( good ) at the same time RMC is also grabbing loads of mp4 chunks ( not so good, but i don`t really care since those are garbage without the ISMV file that i can`t get so .. ).

Since it is a live stream - i need to cancel the download to stop it ( it messes up a file a little bit - beeing only playable via VLC - but it plays ).
So far so good, but here is when i face a problem - this stream have multiple audio channels in different languages.

Whatever i do on the player embedded in the website - RMC ignores it and catches only one audio channel from the beginning ( obviously - not the one i wanted :( )
There is a setting to change quality of smooth streaming video in RMC - but there is no setting at all to choose the audio channell.

Is there any simple setting i can change or some hack`n`slash solution ( edit the xml manifest, etc ) so i can choose the channell i want to download or download all available ?
Or maybe You can point me to the criteria based on which RMC chooses the audio channel ?

p.s. I can`t get You a url since it`s a payed, subscribed service so it won`t work that way

Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?