PDA

View Full Version : Replay Tags the file but only some of the mp3 files are tagged

opus
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
I have found that a good 90% of the time tagging is working within Replay Music. After it records it fills in information on the track title, artist, album, genre, etc. from within the app, yet when I look at the actual mp3 files (Windows 7 64) using explorer, only about 40% of them have the info in the actual file.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheryl Wester
04-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Nothing. The program is using a different ID tag then Windows 7 explorer. If you were to open the music in iTunes you will see the tags.

opus
04-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Unfortunately I do not use iTunes (at all), but use Windows Media Player and within that program I do not have the information. I have yet to try and load these files into FooBar, but past experience has shown that if it does not work within Media Player (or within explorer) then it won't work there either.

In any case, why does it correctly write the information only sometimes?

How do I make it so that it correctly writes the information all of the time?

Cheryl Wester
04-05-2013, 09:17 PM
It depends on what ID tags the music is using. Some uses only the newer while some uses both. If it uses both then you will see it in windows media. If it only uses the newer then it won't. Thanks.

eforce
04-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Cheryl,

The improved tagging in ver 5.5 is indeed welcome and appreciated! (I'm amazed at how well it works - well over 98% correct tags in one 24+ hour continuous recording session of 70's music) However, I have the exact same issue as opus --- with a high percentage of tag info NOT being available in Windows 7 and I understand your 4/6/13 reply. What puzzles me though is why RM can't be coded to parse the incoming tag info and, when the older format is missing, call a subroutine to create the tagging info in both formats then write THAT info out during the conversion from WAV to MP3. I'd think it shouldn't be too difficult to code ... especially since you've already identified and defined WHAT the problem is. Thanks!