PDA

View Full Version : How about an iTunes Video converter software?

MatthewC1000
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
How about an iTunes Video converter software? Now, I use Apple iTunes to download shows now, Hulu does not have as much content available as the iTunes Video store however, I have to use my CC to buy the videos well,
the problem with iTunes Videos is the built in DRM which allows you to play the video in 5 devices. So, if you decided to use iTunes videos to burn my Videos to DVD or give to a friend they would realize that videos are unaccessable "Authorization to view iTunes Video File" are required. So, my idea is create: "Replay iTunes Video Recorder & Converter" "Specially designed to convert iTunes Video files to burn on a DVD or convert to other popular formats."

:)

Kind Regards.

Jeff Lenney
12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi Matthew,

An m4p file is a protected m4a file. Replay Converter can not convert protected files of this nature due to legality, and copyright laws.

You are, however, as you stated in another thread able to use a screen capture program, however it would be illegal for us to make something SPECIFICALLY to violate drm protection.

For your reference, the file types that Replay Converter can work with are located in the chart on this page:

http://applian.com/replay-converter/

Thank you for your support, and understanding.

MatthewC1000
12-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Matthew,
...however it would be illegal for us to make something SPECIFICALLY to violate drm protection.

Your very right about this....:)
Well, it would be illegal if you can click on a button and remove the build in DRM
protection on the file. How about bypassing it? Happy to report...I have now installed a 256 MB video Card and, now iTunes Videos convert flawlessly with
no trouble of any kind...with out the app freezing.

An m4p file is a protected m4a file. Replay Converter can not convert protected files of this nature due to legality, and copyright laws.

Well, maybe not RC but, Applian does provide a guide on how to bypass & record DRM Rhapsody music files simply by using RM and, simply press play on the music player...and, RM of course captures every song.
One more thing:
lets take a look at RMC
it works on very huge list of sites...lets take hulu site for example:
unfortunately hulu does not support downloading however, RMC can assist you on this...just go to the video you wanna watch...(you really have pretext to downloading it) then RMC goes right to work here is something
I noticed: When you let the video stream though out RMC will download the commercials as well and, you don't HAVE to see them anyway. however,
if you don't leave the video streaming then RMC will just download the main
video & one starting sponsored commercial. Now, commercials are easy
to to find...RMC will identify the video by taggin it so, optionally you can delete the commercials. Now, Amazon Video on demand streams a video sample for 2 minutes and, the video player will ask do you you wish to buy it...now, I believed that Adobe has fixed the leak on this. where you play the 2 minute video and, RMC downloads the entire video...of course, I finally
discovered that when Adobe fixed the issue...:mad:

as you stated before Jeff,
It is not recommended to develop such a app...unless you wanna tick off
apple...:D regardless there are applian apps that may bypass & assist you on this
anyway.... Just my 2 cents.

Take care,
Kind Regards. :)

By the way. there is really no DRM removal software available...when you convert the DRM video to another format and, now, the copy is DRM unprotected...however, the original file stays intact so, DRM has not been removed. So, what your really doing is copying a video file without DRM protection being present in the output file.

Edit: by the way Jeff, I know of another program that allows to capture 50% of the AMAZON Video On demand movie, if your using demo mode.