PDA

View Full Version : ABC.COM

gorelow
03-06-2013, 09:37 AM
does anyone else use this for abc.com and is now having trouble? ive used it for over a year and suddenly its only recording the lead in commercials. any one find a work around? thanks

Jeff Lenney
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

gorelow
03-07-2013, 09:42 PM
http://abc.go.com/watch/general-hospital/SH559056/VD55280821/general-hospital-35
thanks

robieism101
03-08-2013, 08:33 AM
does anyone else use this for abc.com and is now having trouble? ive used it for over a year and suddenly its only recording the lead in commercials. any one find a work around? thanks
I not only have a problem with ABC.Com but all recordings with RCM on both my computers. Been going on for bout 2 weeks. Yesterday uninstalled and reinstalled RCM on one of the computers and still same problem.

tiredofspam
03-09-2013, 08:48 PM
RMC stopped working on ABC on 3/1. I was able to capture Modern Family on 2/28. Couldn't do it again the next day.

Nothing shows up in the log. Only lead-ins and commercials are captured.

tiredofspam
03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Bump...

Hey Applian,

Any ideas?

robieism101
03-22-2013, 06:47 AM
All the major stations seem to have switch our method of getting RMC off. Don't record the ads. PBS was OK last time I checked. Guess we're all into RVC for the long run now, lots of ads. Must thank the ad people though, they do pay for the programs. Just tire of those viragra ones on World News Tonight. I get all my major networks on Hulu now using RVC of course.

Sam Sport
03-23-2013, 11:51 AM
All the major stations seem to have switch our method of getting RMC off. Don't record the ads. PBS was OK last time I checked. Guess we're all into RVC for the long run now, lots of ads. Must thank the ad people though, they do pay for the programs. Just tire of those viragra ones on World News Tonight. I get all my major networks on Hulu now using RVC of course.
Doesn't RVC capture anything that is going on the screen. For example if you're using RVC to record a tv program but want to work on something else while it's recording is it also capturing the screen activity from that?

gorelow
03-23-2013, 04:27 PM
yes you cant do anything at al,l very frustrating, thats why there was rmc, but if i have to do something that cant wait i just pause rvc and my program then bring back up the program when im done and continue

Sam Sport
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
yes you cant do anything at al,l very frustrating, thats why there was rmc, but if i have to do something that cant wait i just pause rvc and my program then bring back up the program when im done and continue
That's what I thought. I wish the people who work on RMC would work harder to adapt it to be able to record the ever changing formats that come along. Especially the most common and popular ones (like ABC, Hulu) that use Adobe Dynamic Stream.

gorelow
03-24-2013, 09:08 AM
im sure theyre trying. about as hard as abc and hulu is to prevent them from doing so :)