PDA

View Full Version : Can't Tune Into Radio Station

danvm
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Replay A/V will not tune into the following radio station:
http://www.woodradio.com/cc-common/ondemand/player.html?world=st

I can tune to the station using IE or Firefox just fine.

Is there a trick to this or something I may be missing?

Thank you!

Cheryl Wester
12-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Use the URL finder under Tools to find a good URL. Often the URL that streams and the URL that you see are different.

danvm
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
It worked!

It took a while to get the proper URL but I believe I'm business.

Thank you!

craig78681
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Dan, you can often save yourself some trouble by trying to add the station from the Replay Media Guide first. In Replay A/V: Shows->Open Media Guide. In your case you could have used the "search for a station" option and specified "wood 1300" as the search term. Click the Add button http://www.applian.com/guide/add.gif and the station will be added to Replay A/V. Easy. Really, really easy.

danvm
12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Then all I have to do is schedule the actual show I'm after. Excellent idea - Thank you!

craig78681
12-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Note also that you can search for the actual show. For example, you can search for Jim Bob's All Natural Gardening show. It will return all the stations from the Media Guide that carry the show and the start/stop times will already be set. Add the show from the station you want to record. The times will already be set and a folder containing just that show will be created. When you add a station a folder is created for the station and it's a bit harder to know what was actually recorded. The Name of Show value in the Properties for each entry in Replay A/V is used to create the folder names. I even break long show up into hour-long segments that start at 6 minutes after the hour and run until 1 minute after the hour. That gives me smaller files and eliminates the top-of-the-hour news breaks.

One warning about the Media Guide: there are way too many entries there for the Applian folks to keep them all current as programming schedules change. So, verify the show times are correct and notify Applian if they need to be corrected.