PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 - Replay Music Stopped Working

Scubasa1
01-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi Cheryl,
I have just upgraded to Windows 8 and sometimes I get a message which says Replay music has stopped working, windows will try to find the reason why.
Any issues which you know of with Windows 8 and why is sometimes stops and if so will this be addressed in the next update 5.46?
Thanks Steve

Cheryl Wester
01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
We are not getting a lot of reports of this. If you continue to have this issue let me know in the tech support and ATTACH a log file. Also, include details of what the program is doing when it does this and what specific error message you are getting.

WillH
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm on Windows 8 Professional 64-bit and the same thing happens to me. I haven't noticed a pattern but I'll contact support as well.

Scubasa1
02-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi WillH,
Did you get a reply from Cheryl?
I am still experiencing the stop working message on my Windows 8? I have been using Replay music on XP and Windows 7 64bit and both have been faultless during my usage on these operating systems.
I have recently moved to Windows 8 64 bit and I frequently get this message.
I am trying now to see if there is a pattern, time or something like that in case it is something to do with my power settings or something, can't seem to work it out. I have also looked at the log file but nothing seems to jump out at me as the problem??
I just wondered if you had got any further into finding out your issue.
If I find out I will let you know.
I am hoping Applian support will be able to assist us here, hopefully they will find something??
All the best mate.
Steve

Cheryl Wester
02-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Suggestions-use the win audio driver, don't tag until the end of the recording session-do a fresh boot of your computer prior doing a recording. If your system has something such as stereo mix use it instead of the win audio driver and see if that helps.

Scubasa1
02-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Hi Cheryl,
I tried it with the audio driver and without the tagging first, then after one track of recording RM stopped working. It seems to happen at an end of a track if that helps?

I have tried the Windows Audio driver without the tagging, I selected to tag after the recording has finished, after a fresh reboot before the recording and it is still occurring, so your suggestion has not worked. Again it did it at the end of the track when it needs to convert???

How do I use this stereo mix? Settings etc?

I am wondering if it is the converting from wav to MP3 that is the issue here??
I am going to try recording as Wav then convert at the end to see what happens.
Is there anyone else with Windows 8 64bit having these problems when recording from Spotify or any other music programme, please post here as it is an issue that needs resolving.
Thanks everyone and Cheryl.
Steve

Scubasa1
02-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Ok, so I tried just with the wav with no conversion and that seemed to work fine, just been trying it with converting to MP3, audio driver and tagging and now working fine, I have taken the Nomalize off, will keep you posted. I am just trying different settings to see what might work.
I might find that it occurs again so will let you know. Is your Windows 8 the 64bit version Cheryl?
It just seems strange that this occurs at the end of a track, something to do with the converting causing it the programme to stop?
Also would you recommend CBR or VBR recording, what is yours set at?
Will let you know how it goes.
Steve

Scubasa1
02-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Ok, so I tried just with the wav with no conversion and that seemed to work fine, just been trying it with converting to MP3, audio driver and tagging and now working fine, I have taken the Nomalize off, will keep you posted. I am just trying different settings to see what might work.
I might find that it occurs again so will let you know. Is your Windows 8 the 64bit version Cheryl?
It just seems strange that this occurs at the end of a track, something to do with the converting causing it the programme to stop?
Also would you recommend CBR or VBR recording, what is yours set at?
Will let you know how it goes.
Steve

Ok it happened again, so taking Normalize didn't work!
It occurred at 40:43 and end of 11 tracks.
Going to try again and see if it occurs at a different time to look for patterns?

stan_lee
02-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Hello to everyone. I have the same problem with my windows 8. It stops recording with the same error message as you post.
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Cheryl Wester
02-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Steve-please do contact tech support on the same ticket with all the details and a new log file. Thanks.

stan_lee
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I have turn off "tag songs..." and the program stopped working at the third song instead of the 14th.
I am very disappointed with this issue.

Thank you.

Cheryl Wester
02-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Please contact tech support with details and a log file for me. Thanks.

Scubasa1
02-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Have you found anything to solve this yet WillH?
Cheers

Scubasa1
02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Have you found anything out yet?
You are not alone in this, although mine has been behaving again these past few days?
Cheryl is trying so hard to solve this for us though, new operating systems can throw up all sorts of new issues, especially 64bit OS.
Not the only software to have had problems at work with 64 bit I'll tell you.

Jeff Lenney
02-09-2013, 01:41 AM
If you're having this specific issue, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

Thank you kindly! :)

Scubasa1
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
This I have done on several occasions and Cheryl is looking into it all for me.
Thanks Jeff.
Steve

Scubasa1
02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
I have been using Replay Music for the past few days and all seems fine at the moment, I have again taken the Normalizing off and played around with my power settings, not had a problem for a few days. I will keep you all up to date.
Steve

Update - 28/2/13
It did stop once, also reduced the Minimum milliseconds of silence between tracks to 3000 from the 5000 in the Splitting Tab.
Normalizing still off and I find that rebooting the PC after I turned the Normalizing off for the first time seems to help.

Is anyone else having problems with Windows 8 64bit stopping with a message?
Please post so that we can all solve this together.
Many thanks
Steve

Update 2 (2/3/13) - Tried switching the Normalize back on and hey, it stopped working after the last track of the album I was recording! Unchecked the Normalizing box, rebooted PC, now recording to see what happens. If it doesn't stop Cheryl I am assuming it must be an issue with certain machines and windows 8 as well as the Normalizing on RM. I used to use it without complaint on Windows 7. Maybe your developers could look into this for the next update 5.46.
Cheers
Steve

Update 3 - (3/3/13) Used without Normalizing checked and I haven't had a problem yet with RM stopping.

Update 4 - Still stops but not as frequently with Nomalizing off. Le_blur in next post says the stopping doesn't occur with RM 4?
Something in RM 5 and Windows 8 then?

Le_blur
03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
I had the same issues with RM version 5 i.e. it stops working with Windows 8 64bit. My resolution has been to revert back to Replay Music version 4 which has been working fine with Windows 8 64bit for the last 2-3 months. I've obviously missed out on the reported improved facilities of version 5 (that I paid extra for!) but at least version 4 keeps working.

I'll monitor this thread to see if a resolution is put forward by Applian and then give version 5 another go then.

Scubasa1
03-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks Le_blur,
It is nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem and that it seems to be an issue with Version 5 and something that is causing a problem when run with Windows 8 OS 64 bit.
I have taken the Normalize off which seems to have reduced the occurance although it still happens but as I said not as frequently. There seems to be no pattern, sometimes it will do it after one song then sometimes after and hour + of recording. When I close Replay Music after the message has come up to say that Replay Music has an issue and has stopped working it then loses the last Wav file recorded but the Wav Files which are now MP3's after conversion have reamianed. Upon open RM it has refreshed itself and the folder it was recording to has become the default Replay music folder again.
One other thing is that it says not responding if I open up task amanager after the message and Spotify pauses, upon closing RM, spotify resumes play.
I am trying to offer Cheryl and the tech team as much info as I can. If you have WINDOWS 8 64bit and are having problems with frequent stopping of the programme please add your issue to this forum and any things you notice so that 5.46 version can recitify the issue we hope. Is anyone having thsi issue with the 32 bit Windows 8 OS?
It is interesting that version 4 as mentioned in the above post doesn't seem to suffer with these issue, there is a start, it is something in the version 5 update?
It doesn't happen with Windows 7 as I have a netbook with 7 and had 7 on this machine before upgrading to 8.
Thanks for your time Le_blur.
Steve

Scubasa1
03-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Today an album I recorded didn't tag, so I was inputting the names manually and then the program stopped, I am wondering if it has something to do with the tagging?
Anyone?
Cheers

Scubasa1
03-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Does Replay Music Tag name before converting? The stopping of RM always happens at the end of a track not when recording!!
It doesn't seem to happen when tagging is turned off, and only occurs if I am renaming if the track has not been tagged.
Hope this helps.
Also sent this as a support ticket as I feel we are getting closer.
Thanks
Steve

Le_blur
03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
I haven't used version 5 at all this year (2013) due to various problems, the application stopping was just one of them.

Another of the problems was that one of the version 5 releases (I have tried 5.3, 5.40 and 5.45) insisted I shutdown Firefox before Replay Music would run. This meant logging out, and back in again, of a number of mail accounts etc. I had permanently running in Firefox just to record a track from Spotify. This was totally unworkable for me.

I did raise some of the issues with Applian and the suggested workaround for the above was to use the Windows Audio Driver which wouldn't ask you to shut down Firefox before Replay Music would run. However, this driver picks up ALL sounds made by the PC as opposed to the standard Audio Driver that doesn't. It became quite 'faffy' (is that a word?) trying to remember to switch audio drivers before I recorded from Spotify and then to switch back again before I shut down Replay Music. Again, unworkable for me.

Due to my frustrations with version 5, and the fact that version 4 works, I'm not sure I'll be re-installing version 5 until a new release is issued.

Hope you get some success in this.

Many thanks

Scubasa1
03-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Will keep you posted Le_blur.
Cheers

Cheryl Wester
03-15-2013, 06:18 PM
The developer is working on this issue thanks to some assistance from Scubasa1. We do hope to resolve this issue-it is difficult when we can't duplicate it ourselves.

lvdb1956
03-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Is anyone having thsi issue with the 32 bit Windows 8 OS?

Yes, I have the same problem with windows 8 32 bit.
Just installed the program today, after 1 number recorded, program stops.
Luc.

Cheryl Wester
03-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Turn off normalizing and see if that works better for you. You do that in the settings of the program. Thanks.

Scubasa1
03-29-2013, 02:37 AM
Fingers crossed, but since upgrading to version 5.50 I have not had any issues.
Again I'll give it time, but at the moment I have turned the Normalizing back on with this version as well.
Will keep everyone using Windows 8 and reading these threads on how it goes with updates.
Cheers and enjoy Replay Music.

Cheryl Wester
03-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Great. Do keep us informed how it works. Thanks.

Scubasa1
03-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Fingers crossed, but since upgrading to version 5.50 I have not had any issues.
Again I'll give it time, but at the moment I have turned the Normalizing back on with this version as well.
Will keep everyone using Windows 8 and reading these threads on how it goes with updates.
Cheers and enjoy Replay Music.

30/3/13 - No issues so far with Version 5.50 and I have been using this for most of the day.

Scubasa1
03-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi Luc,
Version 5.50 is available now, I have had no issues so far with Windows 8, could you let me know how you get on after updating to 5.50.
Cheers
Steve

Scubasa1
04-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Still no problems with version 5.50 so far! I have Normalizing and tagging turned on as well.
Happy days!!
Steve :)

Cheryl Wester
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Great news, Steve. Thanks for keeping us informed and working with us on this.

Scubasa1
04-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I am afraid to report that tonight I have had RM 5.50 stop about 5 times, I am just resetting and continuing, I am going to try with the Normalizing off again, really annoying! Never had this issue with Windows 7.
Also going to see if a reboot will help. I have been using RM for most of the day without a problem, then when tagging some songs manually it did it, since then it has been regularly crashing with the same message as previously.
Not sure Applian will be able to solve this one as all PC's are different and they are not experiencing the issue?
I have the same PC and software as I did on Windows 7.
Ever wondered why they call it Windows, sometimes that's where is belongs, out of the Window.

If anyone else has any of the issues related to this thread and Windows 8, please add your comments, all will help, thanks.

Cheryl Wester
04-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Do try a reboot and that should handle it. Recording is very power intensive. Thanks.

Scubasa1
04-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Tried rebooting, still does it.

Kip999
05-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Mine is as well . Win 8 64bit. Tried all suggested fixes. Still crashes / shuts down. Frustrated

Kip

Cheryl Wester
05-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Please submit a ticket to tech support and details and a log file if you continue to have a problem. Thanks.

rkeesecker
07-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Like others, I now have Windows 8 64-bit and for the first time in many years of using Replay Music, I am having a technical issue. That is the "stopped working" issue others are having. This happens virtually all the time for me. It consistently stops working about 3-6 songs in.

Cheryl Wester
07-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Please make sure you are using the latest version of the program. If you are not using 5.55 then do uninstall and reboot prior to installing.

Scubasa1
07-26-2013, 02:31 AM
Mine still crashes and the same message from months ago that Replay Music has stopped working. I am kind of used to it now, I just reboot Replay, import the songs from the last folder I was recording into (Album Folder) and carry on from where I left off. After a crash it usually has not recorded the last song, so I check the track list and delete the track that part recorded and start from where it didn't record.
Nothing else for it until Applian come up with a fix. It has been months now.
Also hoping that I can copy and paste the album name again with the mouse like I used to be able to with Version 4.
Cheers
Steve

Cheryl Wester
07-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Steve, it is difficult when we can't duplicate. Please submit a tech support ticket with the log files the next time this happens. Also, do include all the details as I do send it on.

Scubasa1
08-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Still stopping regularly?
I have submitted a tech support ticket as requested with Log Files. Request #1632
Thanks
Steve Anderson

Cheryl Wester
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Oops-I saw the ticket but didn't realize it was you. Please do elaborate on the ticket with details of your system, what you are doing, what you have tried, and the make and model of your computer. In that way I have the information in one spot to send on. Thanks.

Scubasa1
08-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi Cheryl,
I have sent Jeff my System info, logs and asked him to look at the Windows errors.
I have also run the compatibility programme in the Action Centre, configured it to run like Windows 7 settings for RM see if that makes any difference.
Thanks for getting back so soon.
Steve

Cheryl Wester
08-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Great, Steve. Jeff is awesome and I'm sure he'll be able to assist you. Do keep him informed of all. Thanks.

Scubasa1
08-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone,
I am currently sending log and system files to Jeff, 2nd tier support. He is trying to replicate my issue with similar settings.
If you are experiencing crashes when using Windows 7/8 please add your issue here or go to tech support and ask Jeff.
I have tired using the Windows Audio driver as opposed to the Audio driver, both options in the RM programme.
Also 64bit Windows 8 owners and crashes please let Jeff know what is happening, the more people that ask for support and send their logs the more chance we have for Jeff being able to pinpoint the issue.

I use the Audio driver because with the Windows Audio driver you have to turn off the System sounds and then back on after a recording session. I asked Jeff is he could add a tick box so that this can be auto or manual, hopefully in an update.

I would also love a button to add to iTunes whenever we want RM to rather than having to click start recording then stop again. This would be useful if you import MP3's and don't actually want to record, just import files to iTunes.

Anyway, is there anyone else out there with Windows 8 and RM crashing issues, please contribute to the forum in this thread, Cheryl is great at responding and hopefully together we can correct this bug/issue.

Thanks - Steve

Acidburn
09-18-2013, 03:58 AM
Hi Guys
I've experienced the problem myself. I HATE windows 8, seems to be issues with its ability to share permissions between different programs....anyways, I found that just by removing the tagging function it recorded a 40 track playlist without a hitch. It seems to me therefore that this is some problem due to tagging? Importing the files afterwards and the tagging produces the same problem with RM closing, so I guess that kinda narrows it down to a tag problem?
If you need anymore info just holla.

Cheryl Wester
09-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Please do submit a ticket to tech support on this. Thanks.

Scubasa1
10-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Download Version 5.60, all working fine so far now on Windows 8.

Cheryl Wester
10-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Great. We have been doing a lot of testing on this. Thanks for letting everyone know about it. Mike, the developer, and Jeff-second tier support really worked to get this out.

Ben P
10-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I have been having issue with Replay Music in Windows 8 also. Every time I start the program, I receive an "Assertion failed!" Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message. I have updated to the newest Replay Music and this is still occurring. The rest of the message is:

Program: ...
File: .\loopback-capture.cpp
Line: 218

Expression false

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Cheryl Wester
10-28-2013, 05:55 AM
What version of the program are you using? What version of windows? If you continue to have an issue you might want to contact tech support as more details would be needed such as what anti virus software you are using.

Ben P
10-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I am using version 5.6 now. I have had this problem though with 5.55 also. I am now on Windows 8.1 but this problem also existed in Windows 8. Prior to this, I had Replay Music installed on Windows 7 without this issue. I believe that this is also the reason that I am unable to use just the audio driver rather that the Windows Audio Driver. As for anti-virus software, I am currently using McAfee internet Security. Previously while this was still an issue, I was using Trend Micro. I also have Malwarebytes Anti-malware installed.