PDA

View Full Version : network error / crash

flipper2012
12-28-2012, 10:11 PM
I have been using this for over a year (im on the most current release) but in the last 2 versions a new issue has risen. I can have RMC running for days/weeks without any issues but then all of a sudden computer network will freeze, then about 10-20 seconds , i will see the network indicator with the yellow mark on it (indicating network issue) in the icon tray..

This is Windows 7 x64. Network will restore once i close RMC (which takes a VERY long time to close )as it's crashed.

Any ideas what i can do resolve this, not really sure where the problem is, but i know rmc hooks into the network driver.

Thanks\

The version is RMC is 4.4.5

Jeff Lenney
12-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Heya Flipper

I'm using windows 7, 64 bit myself on my home machine and don't have this issue - granted I never leave it running for days or weeks at a time - if you DO I could certainly see that being part of the issue as it may simply be grabbing for too much data at once...

Try closing it every once in a while, see if this issue improves or not. Honestly, we don't have many people that tell us they leave it running constantly - and I can say that with almost 6 years supporting it too :)

crytec
02-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Hi,

I have the same issue on Windows 8 x64. After about 4-5 hours my network connection crashes. I have to deactivate the network adapter and then reactivate it, to solve the problem. And of course I have to close RMC.
Which version fully supports Windows 8? I have 4.3.2. May that be the problem?

jamertroy
02-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I can have RMC running for days/weeks without any issues but then all of a sudden computer network will freeze,

Just to isolate the issue, are you using the latest version when you didn't have any issues? Perhaps there was something modified in this box where it causes the problems. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif