PDA

View Full Version : Replay Video Capture Reports as "Not Responding"

rpartain
12-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Most every time I use Replay Video Capture at some point when I click to stop recording there is a long delay and when I look in Windows Task Manager I see it reports and "Not Responding" . The process cannot be killed under either applications or processes. If you do not get rid of it the computer starts running slower and slower. I have also downloaded a few utilities that are supposed to be able to kill processes and have used command line utilities. The only way to kill it is reboot.

Any ideas?

Cheryl Wester
12-15-2012, 03:41 PM
What version of the program are you using? What version of windows? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall? If not give that a try. If you continue to have an issue do let tech support know.

rpartain
12-15-2012, 04:28 PM
I am using version 6 on Windows XP SP3. I have not tried reinstalling yet. I will have to hunt up serial number, licensing or whatever. They are probably still out on my email somewhere.

Jeff Lenney
12-15-2012, 11:20 PM
I am using version 6 on Windows XP SP3. I have not tried reinstalling yet. I will have to hunt up serial number, licensing or whatever. They are probably still out on my email somewhere.
Thanks for your response, I would definitely recommend a re-install. If you need help locating your user name and password Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket so we can further assist with that :-)
http://applian.com/support.php

rpartain
12-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Ok I reinstalled last night and did not have the problem again for the few times I used it. It does not happen every time anyway. But this morning the first time I used it, it did the same thing so the reintall did not solve the problem.

Cheryl Wester
12-19-2012, 08:11 AM
If you have been using your system without rebooting do a fresh reboot prior to doing a recording. Screen capture is very power intensive and it can free up a lot of resources when you reboot.

rpartain
12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
I have rebooted but thanks for the suggestion. Since I reinstalled it does not happen as often but it does still happen.