PDA

View Full Version : Will not recongnize internet connection

cendella
11-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Trying to record streaming music using Replay Music 2.5. Received error message. Replay Music does not detect you internet connection

Cheryl Wester
12-01-2008, 07:01 AM
We are aware of this issue and we are working on it. It should be resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience in this.

dduran1210
12-01-2008, 07:51 AM
This is very frustrating. I tried to use this program v2.41 again after a couple weeks and i get the same darn message!! on 3 different browsers no less.
I checked the firewall , the settings, and replay has numbers running and the play bar works showing it is following the music...but it won't record and the error dialogue keeps popping up. I uninstalled all addon's and that didn't help either....
how soon will this will be fixed????

thanks

I485Heel
12-01-2008, 08:23 AM
As a long-time Replay Music user, this certainly seems likes a new thing. The 1st of the month suggests some sort of change to some licensing somewhere or perhaps a new method of gathering end-user info.

Whatever the case, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

For the record, my XP box with all firewalls disabled and active broadband connection has Replay report "cannot detect internet connection."

SolidGoldNJ
12-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I have an identical problem, although mine started last night, so your premise about it being related to the first of the month seems to be incorrect. I am running Windows XP SP2, and I turned off the Windows Firewall and the Norton Firewall. Normally, I use Norton and have always kept the Windows Firewall off.
The only other thing that comes to mind is that there was an automatic windows update over the weekend that was installed, which blocks "malware." Maybe this has interfered with the connection in some strange Bill Gatesian manner.

I485Heel
12-01-2008, 11:50 AM
A fair guess on the auto-update -- however all updates are turned off on my XP box that reports the Replay Music error.

Bottomline, on this particular pooter I had not installed, updated or changed a single file in months and months -- not for the least of which reasons was to avoid breaking my Replay Music install.

Seems it went and broke its ownself.

Any guess as to how widespread this issue might be? Did ALL installs break or only some? Does anyone out there have a functioning install and if so which ver are you running?

dsuprina
12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
A quick Ethereal / Wireshark snoop shows that Replay Music is making a request back to Applian:

HTTP GET call to 11 0.511933 192.168.1.201 207.56.151.241 HTTP GET /util/check_replay_radio.php?code=<snip> HTTP/1.1

The response received is:

13 0.542546 207.56.151.241 192.168.1.201 HTTP HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found (text/html)

So it appears as if Applian has changed something on their end. My guess is that this is a license check, and that the servicing server (or server side element) has gone AWOL.

I an understand the necessity to check GraceNote to see if they are up, but it really shouldn't be necessary to check back to Applian each time the app is launched.

shobbs
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm getting this message on a couple computers: "Replay music does not detect your internet connection. Please make sure you are online or if you are behind a firewall, that it is configured for Replay Music and make sure if you have a proxy that the proxy settings are correct in Replay and do not have any pop-up ad blockers enabled."
Do I understand that this is an issue on Applian's end? I'm using 2.51. Is this occuring on 3.0?

Cheryl Wester
12-01-2008, 03:34 PM
We are working on this. It is nothing you have done. We hope to have it up and running in the near future.

Siouxanne
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I have version 2.51 and am getting the same message as everyone on this thread. I have just uninstalled this version and installed version 3.5 demo which dosen't work either. Instead of the "cant connect to internet" message I just get a microsoft error report when I try to record. I have uninstalled this version and reinstalled version 2.51. Great software when it works. I'm sure Applian are working hard to resolve this.

Cheryl Wester
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
The issue should now be resolved.

Gerald
07-27-2009, 03:00 PM
This is happening for me. Do you have any idea of why this is happening? Are there some settings I should be changing on my computer or something? I have Replay Music Version 3.70. Please let me know what to do.

Cheryl Wester
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you running the program with administrative rights? Have you allowed the program in your firewall? Double check that to see if that makes a difference. Also, check to see what other anti virus programs you have installed. One of them could be causing the issue you are experiencing.