PDA

View Full Version : comodo interferes with genpuid

tshapin
11-30-2008, 10:35 AM
When I run comodo in normal mode, I get alerts about genpuid starting.
If I select comodo in install mode, I can get the titles of what is being recorded.
Otherwise I do not get titles.

I tried both saying genpuid was an exception to trust and it was like a browser, but neither helped.
= = =

This morning I am not sure how I got titles last night!
I am using open pandora to play songs.
I cannot seem to get any titles, even after I stopped comodo. I am also running free avg, but I don't think that has any effect.
???

cain
11-30-2008, 12:34 PM
I have the same with Last.Fm and Jango.

I logged a trouble ticket for Andy. ;)

tshapin
11-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I started RMC in record mode. I started Openpandora.

I am running Comodo and AVGfree on my system.

The first time I got a warning from comodo about genpuid, I set comodo to install mode.

I got a second warning from comodo about genpuid and selected "treat as
browser."

Then I could get titles for the Pandora songs.

But I do not think it is safe to run comodo in install mode for long times!

===
Hey, I just turned off the install mode on comodo and I CAN still get titles!!

Any help appreciated.

Ted

Andy Heinlein
11-30-2008, 10:53 PM
If you have AVG running, then what's the point of using a Firewall? Firewalls are an ancient security bandaid... Especially on home computers. Just causes headaches like this :)

Genpuid is the program which takes the audio file and generates a unique ID based on the audio within the file. Next it tries to connect to the MusicIP server and asks it for the song title/artist.

I don't use comodo and honestly have never heard of it. I wish i could help, but I have no idea.

-andy.

cain
12-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Andy,

For my situation (sent a ticket) - I am not using Comodo or the aforementioned software, rather, I just noticed that the rename of captures from WebDump no longer work.

I restarted RMC, Last.Fm, Slacker, etc to no avail.

However, I retried this morning after a reboot and all is well. ;)

So, maybe some "dirty bits." :)

Tasha, I didn't keep the ticket # for the issue I reported... would you mind (or Andy) closing it as I believe that the reboot resolved it?

Tasha Heinlein
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Andy,

For my situation (sent a ticket) - I am not using Comodo or the aforementioned software, rather, I just noticed that the rename of captures from WebDump no longer work.

I restarted RMC, Last.Fm, Slacker, etc to no avail.

However, I retried this morning after a reboot and all is well. ;)

So, maybe some "dirty bits." :)

Tasha, I didn't keep the ticket # for the issue I reported... would you mind (or Andy) closing it as I believe that the reboot resolved it?

Closed it..I love those easy ones where the customer figures it all out before I even respond :)

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.