PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV8 Simply not working

Lucenut
11-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi, I have Replay AV 8 installed on a Windows 7, HP Quad-core media center PC.

I choose a station KBKW from Washington, I simply change the scheduled times to be weekdays from 8:00 - 11:00 PM and hit save. I right-click on the item and hit "Tune to Station" and it does pull up the replay tuner and I hear the station. But if I close the tuner and then right-click and hit "Start Record/Download" it shows "CONNECTING" for about 10 seconds in the status column, then it goes back to the date. Then a box pops up saying "No sound has been detected..."

I used this program years ago and it seemed so simple.

Greg

DADEO
11-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately I think that's how AV8 works now, it doesn't. Keep your fingers crossed for the new program coming, sometime, soon, I think, hopefully, maybe, no I'm just kidding it is coming, sometime, soon, I think, hopefully, maybe.

Cheryl Wester
11-30-2012, 07:23 PM
The link is a good one and it is streaming and recording using stream capture. They have changed the wway they are streaming and it will not tune at the same time. Please delete the show from your AV. Now, add it again. do not change anything and it will record for you.

dmd3home
12-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm having similar problems...used AV8 for a couple of years and it worked great...loved it.....so much so that I bought their whole package! Recently though AV8 quit working....well usually....occasionally it still works. I'm trying to record radio shows, convert them to MP3 and play them on my MP3 player. The shows are 2-3 hours and are 20-80 mb recorded in MP3 format and moved to a "recorded Radio" file I have set up on my desktop. It used to always work. Now, I get recordings..large files, but they are in some strange format that I can't do anything with, or, they show as an MP3 format but the files are only 2.12 kb! Obviously, essentially there is nothing there (I think it is just the title)! I have tried deleting all the setup and and starting from scratch several times, always with the same result. It just doesn't seem to work anymore.....OK, occasionally it works fine, but rarely. What's up with that? I did go through some email tech support with Applian but the response was that they're working on an updated version out in the fall of 2012...that I could BUY AGAIN! That doesn't seem right....and, hasn't Fall come and gone?

Cheryl Wester
12-04-2012, 06:59 AM
what format is the original file in? Is it stream captured? If it is then it is capturing in the native format at the native quality. You would then want to convert it. Verify that the original file is a good one prior to converting. Then, if you continue to have an issue contact tech support again with details and a log file.

dmd3home
12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes, it is a stream capture but I don't know the original format. Are there different capture formats? I figured stream capture would all be in the same format. It is then auto converted to MP3 32bit. Looking at the log now it appears there was a problem in the conversion....but, maybe that was because the original file wasn't correct....I can't tell. I'm having trouble deciphering the logs....it's a pretty busy program. I know that in the last year or so there have been major changes in how internet radio is played back. Previously you could just go to the radio station site and listen live (and capture) right off their site. Now, most use some kind of intermediary like iHeart Radio for playback. I know for mobile device playback it seems I need a separate app for each intermediary in order to listen live on my phone. Perhaps this is part of the problem. Though I should be able to capture what I hear, and, I can hear it, so it should capture.

riredale
12-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I know it's frustrating when a stream that once worked fine suddenly stops working. But don't blame the software.

The streaming business is very fluid, with alliances and technologies that come and go at a fast pace. There are different ways to stream and it's not surprising that what RAV8 could once record now has become problematic. Plus, keep in mind that the radio guys don't WANT you to be able to record. Listen, yes, but not record. So they intentionally throw up roadblocks all the time.

Anyway, I guess there's a new program coming soon. But I still use RAV8 every day, recording a half-dozen shows for later enjoyment on my smartphone.