PDA

View Full Version : Media catcher and Replay AV

bscrivener
11-29-2008, 06:59 PM
After installing Media Catcher 3.01 (Build Sep 12, 2008) (as an upgrade to Replay AV 8), I cannot view my Replay AV 8 application anymore but it seems to be running as the recordings are being saved.

Also, I have been seeing entries in Media Catcher that are related to radio programs that I am recording with Replay AV8.

Is there some odd interaction between the two programs that I need to deal with?

Andy Heinlein
11-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Media Catcher will capture all media being received by your computer no matter what program is asking for it.

As far as RAV not showing up, what do you mean? Are you sure it's not in your system tray (by the clock in the bottom right)?

bscrivener
11-30-2008, 04:24 AM
Andy,

What I see happening...

I have RAV set to start when I login.

When I reboot my PC and login to Win XP, I see the RAV splash screen but no icon in the system tray.

I can see a process called ReplayAV.exe in the Task Manager.

If I am "catching media" every so often, I'll see my recordings show up in my media catcher list. It is also saved in my RAV directories.

If I use the Task Manager to end the ReplayAV.exe process and then run RAV again, I am able to access the application and it shows up properly and is in the system tray.

Thanks for the help!
bscrivener

Andy Heinlein
11-30-2008, 10:42 PM
RAV should be in your system tray... It's one of it's features. Maybe it's a "hidden" tray icon? If not, I would open a ticket with the RAV department and see if there is something wrong. I am not too familiar with RAV.

-andy.