PDA

View Full Version : FLV Video conversion - poor playback

bluebell
11-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I capped a live stream this morning and have problems when I have tried to covert it any recognisable video format. The problem it seems lies in the way Replay Media captured i., When i looked into the issue in the transfer properties it says:

Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
Media was saved anyway:

m_nErrType = 10
m_strDesc = "WM_QUIT posted to thread queue"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 369

The thing is though when I preview it in the FLV Player it seems fine!

Can anyone PLEASE suggest a format which can get the audio and video clip to synchronize together correctly??

EDIT: IM SO SORRY, Ive just seen that ive created duplicate threads, apologies!! Please delete the others

a_hermit
11-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds like two questions.

1. The error and partial capture is most likely due to a new RTMPE streaming tech the host is using. Other threads indicate the Applian techs are hard at work on fixing this. (Thanks!)

Even if you had the whole file you will most likely experience the synch error.

2. The A/V synch issue is most likely due to the new h.264/AAC codecs used in the stream. The variable bit rates screw up a lot of players.

You have three options:

1. Use a player that synchs it correctly- the FLV Player does it right but has choppiness issues for some.

2. Demux the file into seperate A/V streams, convert them into your format of choice, and stick it back together. Disk and time intensive. Best video quality, if you have the space you can use a lossless format instead of recompressing.

3. Use Avisynth to fake it. This works great but the video quality isn't so hot. Could probably be improved with the right filters and codecs. This uses the least amount of disk space. Some files you may have to demux anyway and import the audio as a seperate stream but it's not necessary to convert the video.

I'm by no means an expert but that's what I've figured over the past week or so. Hope it helps.

hermit

Andy Heinlein
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Hello...

The problem with RTMPE and FP10 was fixed today... but this issue has nothing to do with that.

The "WM_QUIT posted to thread queue" usually means that you right-clicked on the transfer and selected "Stop and Save transfer"

What converter are you using to convert the FLV?

bluebell
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your responses.

Im using ******** Ultimate Converter, having used it in the past I just this morning purchased it, so I hope I wont experience problems.

And yes, you're right I stopped and saved the recording as I was capping a live stream.

Andy Heinlein
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Replay Media Catcher has a built in converter. Could you try that one and let me know how it goes?

In Media Catcher, select Tools>>Conveter

-andy.

bluebell
11-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Updated

No, I still have the same problem :-( Im not sure if it has something with the actual clip, when I recorded it there was a blank black picture in the video clip but when I play the converted version the black blank picture which does not appear which is maybe why the audio messes up. I hope that makes sense?

-------

oh.my.goodness!

What I shame ive only just seen this :-/ thanks for pointing it out! Im trying it right now, the flv file im having to convert is like 180mb, so it may be a long wait.

The only one thing about the coverter....is there any way you can indicate how long you have to wait till its done, or show some type of progression bar? just an idea.

bluebell
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
any further help on this issue would be appreciated, thanks