PDA

View Full Version : Recording and Listening to Shoutcasts

Ronsmith
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi,
I'm new to Replay. Have just installed the whole recording suite. I'm using Replay AV8 to look at some radio stations broadcasting jazz. When I try to play a lot of them in Media Guide to see if I want to record them, I get a download of a Shoutcast pls file, which, if I open it, gives nothing, no player, no sound. However, if I add the station to my recording list, I can download and record the mp3 files, which I can listen to in Windows Media Player.
Can anybody tell me how to listen to the Shoutcast broadcasts before recording them?
Thanks

Debbie McCormick
03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi,

PLS streams are actually MP3 playlists. They usually don't play from within the Media Guide.

The easiest way to record MP3 stations is to just drag and drop them from itunes directly into the Replay AV window. This way you can preview them in iTunes first.

Ronsmith
03-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi,

PLS streams are actually MP3 playlists. They usually don't play from within the Media Guide.

The easiest way to record MP3 stations is to just drag and drop them from itunes directly into the Replay AV window. This way you can preview them in iTunes first.
Hi
I haven't got iTunes installed at the moment. Would Winamp work just as well ?
Ronsmith

petrogia
03-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi
I haven't got iTunes installed at the moment. Would Winamp work just as well ?
Ronsmith

Winamp will playback .pls. The current version is Winamp 5.53 but I no longer use this player here.