PDA

View Full Version : VTC

michael.starnes
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I'd like to ask someone if is possible to record QuickTime or Flash movies from VTC site and how. I read at this URL http://www.applian.com/recording_solutions/show_service.php?id=167&verb=Record
Recommended for VTC Computer Software Training™
Is here some tutorial how to record it ?
Thanks

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
The program you would want to use for this is Replay Media Catcher. Download it and give it a try. You would open up Media Catcher. Select Start Recording. Then go to what you want to capture and it should work for you. Thanks.

ollvin
01-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Hello,
I tryied Replay media catcher on VTC Tutorial site and QuickTime videos appears to be jammed (still image, no more sound) at 3/4 the length. On the other hand, FLV videos' download in ReplayMC stops at a few hundred kb and never ends. Videos played on their website or in their player work well. Is that a VTC streaming-trick to avoid downloading video ? Does the complete version of Replay Media catcher fixes that ?

Cheryl Wester
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
If you are using the demo it is only going to capture 75% of a file. When you purchase the full version and enter your activation code time constraints will be lifted and you would be able to capture an entire video.

ollvin
01-03-2009, 01:43 AM
OK, thanks.
I wondered if it was the demo limitation or the soft limit.
By the way, I didn't find where this demo limitation is explained. That's why I posted here. I think it should be mentionned on the demo download page, and as a tip at launch as for Replay A/V 5MB/5mn limitation. That would lead better demo users to know the complete product do exactly what they want and buy it.

Cheryl Wester
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
It is on the download page for each program. Here is an example of this. Thanks.

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

ollvin
01-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Oh! OK!
I misunderstood the meaning of the sentence "This demo is fully functional and will allow you to capture 100% of all YouTube videos, and 75% of everything else."
I thought that meant 75% of any other video type/sites. Though, maybe my French way of thinking is not enought accurate to catch the natural English understanding of this sentence... or may it be a bit hard to catch for somebody else too? Let you see.

Best regards.