PDA

View Full Version : Firefox cutting out

Motavator
11-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Being new to this, this may be a dumb question. Been having a problem trying to get a full download for a movie.
Question:
I use firefox most of the time. ( I have not tried this in ie7 yet ) When streaming a movie media catcher works great to start the movie but then I only get half if I am lucky of the movie, Then I get a warning firefox closed would you like to restart.
Did I only get half the movie because firefox craped out on me, This happens more often than not with firefox.
Other times I get a this download was canceled ( But was not ) in media catcher.

Tasha Heinlein
11-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Being new to this, this may be a dumb question. Been having a problem trying to get a full download for a movie.
Question:
I use firefox most of the time. ( I have not tried this in ie7 yet ) When streaming a movie media catcher works great to start the movie but then I only get half if I am lucky of the movie, Then I get a warning firefox closed would you like to restart.
Did I only get half the movie because firefox craped out on me, This happens more often than not with firefox.
Other times I get a this download was canceled ( But was not ) in media catcher.

Is there a specific site that this is happening on? Also, what version of Media Catcher are you using? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Motavator
11-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Using ver 3.01, Does not seem to matter on the website, I keep getting after about half the movie done it gets canceled? downloaded 2 movies from this site then nothing. Keeps getting canceled and saves part movie.

http://www.watch-movies.net/

Motavator
11-26-2008, 04:06 PM
OK, Happened 3 more times on the quicksilver website. Is this the websites cutting me off or my ISP?
I have downloaded for years using Utorent and I would change my ports does this streaming of media work the same way. Looking for answers here.

flvrecor3r
11-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Don't forget that for recordings lasting longer than one hour, you need to turn off "super download."

Super download allows the streams to download faster than if they were playing real time. Conversely, when you turn off "super download," the recording will take the time it would take to watch the program.

When recording a program longer than one hour go to
Tools | Settings
Select "Capture Flash RTMP Streams" by clicking to highlight it
Press the "Plugin options" button
Un-tick the box "Enable Super Download"

Go back and tick the box when you want to record programs shorter than one hour.

Tasha Heinlein
11-26-2008, 09:21 PM
I tested on this site, with Firefox, and had no trouble. You don't have to stay on the site to capture the entire video, I actually closed my browser and the download continued. So I'm not sure that Firefox crashing would cause a partial download. What error do you get within Media Catcher when it stops recording? Also check the files to make sure that they are incomplete, the movies here downloaded fast!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Motavator
11-27-2008, 05:32 AM
OK, after doing some more testing. I found out that Megavideo I believe was the culprit, Most of the time when I downloaded the video I would close my browser then I would get the error or canceled, this time I kept the movie running to see what was going on so when I received the error again I checked to see if the movie was still running and it was not, says I used so many minutes and have to wait so many minutes to download or pay. I do not use super download because most of my videos are longer than 1 hour. It appears Megavideo sponsors quite a few sites where I was visiting. I tried piratecity website and it worked great. It was interesting that I also played the movie while streaming and finished streaming a full movie before the movie was half over and I did not use super download. Thanks all for your help.

Tasha Heinlein
11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
No problem...glad it worked out!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein