PDA

View Full Version : Replay Video Capture Error Message: Cannot Run Graph

torian
10-30-2008, 04:12 AM
After clicking the "Record" button and during Initialising, Replay Video Capture fails with the error message box "Cannot run graph" and with an "OK" button. Does anyone know how to get around this problem and get RVC to work?

Trip_Fall
10-31-2008, 05:55 AM
Which operating system are you using? I had this problem on my Vista system and solved it rather painlessly. First, in Vista itself, I right-clicked the little speaker icon in the taskbar, chose Recording Devices (or go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds > Recording tab) and set the Stereo Mix (or Microphone if you want that) as the default recording device.

Next, in the Replay Video Capture settings, I clicked the "Audio Setup/Test" button and unchecked "Use Vista Audio Recording." From the drop-down menu under "Select an Audio Source", I chose the Stereo Mix, which showed up only after setting it as the default in Windows itself. Or select Microphone if you want that instead.

This worked for me and I'm able to switch back and forth from Mic to Stereo Mix (or what you hear) as I please. Hope this helps!

archerysniper
11-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Using replay video capture. 1 second after pressing record,
an error comes up that says " cannot run graph" help.............

archerysniper
11-25-2008, 07:11 AM
one second after pressing record an error comes up that says " cannot run graph" please help.

Cheryl Wester
11-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Please see if reinstalling the program will help you with this issue. Also, try and use a different audio for recording. If you continue to have a problem let us know. I'm moving this to Replay Video Capture also-as this is not an issue with AV. Thanks.

archerysniper
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
the audio test is ok , i just keep getting the errror when i try to record

Jeff Lenney
11-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Archery

Please do not make double posts on the same issue.

With regards to this issue, The "Cannot Run Graph" error is related to the version of DirectX installed on your machine. You need to have version 9 or higher installed in order to run Replay Video Capture. My recommendation would be to make sure you are running DirectX 9 (or 10 if your graphics card will support it) and that should take care of the problem.

Also, You might want to try uninstalling Replay Video Capture, restarting your computer and re-installing it. Usually this has to be done for it to realize that the proper version of DirectX has been installed.

Let me know how it goes. =)

archerysniper
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Jeff,
First off I would have only posted one thread on the issue had it come up when I posted it. It wasnt there, so I posted again. I have taken your advice and downloaded directx 9, reinstalled the replay video capture program rebooted. I now get a different error, Cannot install screen cature filter. any more tricks up your sleeve?

Cheryl Wester
11-28-2008, 05:11 PM
If you haven't already contacted tech support please do so. We will see what we can do to get you up and running. Thanks.

jaybnla
02-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Jeff,

I don't want to come across as a jerk, but I'm not really understanding the explanation.

I just got Replay Video Capture, and I'm getting the 'Cannot Run Graph' error. I'm running Vista Ultimate and I already have DirectX 10. In addition, I've played tons of videos in various formats and I play some of the most graphic intensive games, and I have never had a single problem.

It's only because of all of the above, that I don't believe something is wrong with my system and I can't understand "99.9% unresolvable" and "beyond our control".

If you disagree, I'd like to know and understand your reasoning. Again, this is just a friendly conversation. However, if the problem turns out to be truly "unresolvable" does that mean I get a refund? Because the program doesn't get past this error.

TMD
10-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Running Vista Ultimate. Video Capture gets "Cannot run Graph" error when not using "Use Vista Audio Recording". Using Vista Recording I get no audio indicators, but records video.

Had no problems when using XP Prof. on same system.
Updated Direct X no difference. RV Cap shows up in Sound Mixer when Vista sound checked. Shifting level has no effect.

Cheryl Wester
10-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Please reinstall the program. Make sure you are using the latest version of the program. Run the program with administrative rights.

carlobee
10-15-2009, 10:12 PM
had the same problem before with my other PC running vista. i just did exactly what cheryl said.. regarding running it as admin and you'll be good to go.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

diean
01-21-2011, 03:49 AM
when trying to capture inter streamed content I get the above message. This is the URL that I was trying to capture from: http://www.tvcatchup.com/watch.html?c=1. Please help. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
01-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Are you using the latest version of the program? If not unisntall what you have and reboot prior to installing. Also, make sure you are running this with an admin account.

diean
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks Cheryl, Still same message: Yes I have the latest version and I am running it as administrator. I've got windows 7 ulimate. Running with a triple core processor and 4Gb ram plus a decent HD graphics card and 3D audio.

Jeff Lenney
01-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi Diean

Regarding the Cannot run graph error - 99.9% of the time this is unresolvable, it has to do with a driver conflict and basically means that directshow does not function properly... which is beyond our control.

There is a SLIGHT chance to get it working, but again..this is beyond our control so I can't make any promises.

From my understanding, The "Cannot Run Graph" error is related to the version of DirectX installed on your machine. You need to have version 9 or higher installed in order to run Replay Video Capture. My recommendation would be to make sure you are running DirectX 9 (or 10 if your graphics card will support it) and that should take care of the problem.

Also, You might want to try uninstalling Replay VIdeo Capture, restarting your computer and re-installing it. Usually this has to be done for it to realize that the proper version of DirectX has been installed.

Let me know how it goes. =)

diean
01-22-2011, 03:09 AM
I am running Directx 11. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still the same problem. I think I shall have to look around for another media capture program. Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
05-15-2011, 12:45 AM
I am running Directx 11. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still the same problem. I think I shall have to look around for another media capture program. Thanks.

What operating system are you using currently?

diean
05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
I am running windows 7 ultimate. I have tried running it in all differant compatable modes and still the same result.

looga
06-18-2011, 01:14 AM
I have Windows 7 64bit Ultimate with core 2 duo, 8600m gt and 4gb of ram. Every time I hit record, I get the "Cannot Run Graph" error message. I've already researched Google for answers, only to find some vague responses to this issue. Regarding those responses, I've installed latest drivers, latest Direct X and have tried to uninstall/re-install directly after reboot a few times already. These "solutions" do nothing. Obviously, I can't be the only one with this problem, has anyone come up with an actual solution? Can anyone contact the programmer to at least figure out what in the programming triggers this error message? Thanks in advance, hopefully someone has the answer I'm looking for.

Beppe
12-05-2013, 12:02 AM
I've noticed that the screen coordinates have an offset. I suspect that that's not intentional. Upleft and leftmost markers display a negative number.
Moving them slighlty to the right gives the program positive coordinates. And the error is gone.

Cheryl Wester
12-09-2013, 06:47 AM
What version are you using? What version of windows? This is a really old thread.