PDA

View Full Version : Recording from Rhapsody

jray9242
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a question about how to record music from Rhapsody. Do I launch Rhapsody first or do I import the songs into RM. I thought all I had to do is launch Rhapsody and then RM, click on record and as the songs were played RM would grab them. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Cheryl Wester
03-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi

You always need to launch our program first. Select start recording. Then go to what you want to capture.

jray9242
04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
That didn't seem to work so I am wondering what else I did wrong.

1. Launched RM
2. Started Recording
3. Launched Rhapsody
4. Selected My Lib and started playing the sounds.

Nothing gets added. Is there a step I am missing here?

Thank y

Jim

Mike Christensen
04-04-2008, 10:48 PM
That didn't seem to work so I am wondering what else I did wrong.

1. Launched RM
2. Started Recording
3. Launched Rhapsody
4. Selected My Lib and started playing the sounds.

Nothing gets added. Is there a step I am missing here?

Thank y

Jim

Jim,

If you have the latest version of RM, you have to make sure that the Rhapsody audio signal is locked into RM. The status message in RM should read "Rhapsody" if Rhapsody is locked in. Your steps are a little out of order. Please try this:

1. Launch RM.
2. Launch Rhapsody.
3. Start Recording.
4. Start playing a song from Rhapsody.

RM will usually lock into the first audio source it detects and will not start recording until it detects the audio. In some cases another program may cause RM to lock into it, and you will see the program name in the RM status message if RM locked into it. If it's not Rhapsody, click the "Stop Recording" button and start a new recording session and try playing Rhapsody again.

Regards,
Mike Christensen

petrogia
04-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Jim,

If you have the latest version of RM, you have to make sure that the Rhapsody audio signal is locked into RM. The status message in RM should read "Rhapsody" if Rhapsody is locked in. Your steps are a little out of order. Please try this:

1. Launch RM.
2. Launch Rhapsody.
3. Start Recording.
4. Start playing a song from Rhapsody.

RM will usually lock into the first audio source it detects and will not start recording until it detects the audio. In some cases another program may cause RM to lock into it, and you will see the program name in the RM status message if RM locked into it. If it's not Rhapsody, click the "Stop Recording" button and start a new recording session and try playing Rhapsody again.

Regards,
Mike Christensen

Where on the screen are these status messages? Are they in the status bar at the bottom? I don't recall hearing anything in my status bar.

Mike Christensen
04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Where on the screen are these status messages? Are they in the status bar at the bottom? I don't recall hearing anything in my status bar.

The status message is on the top left side of Replay Music's main window. When recording from Rhapsody, if for instance you are recording your first track it should say, "Status: Recording Track 1 of rhapsody"

Regards,
Mike Christensen

petrogia
04-08-2008, 04:56 AM
The status message is on the top left side of Replay Music's main window. When recording from Rhapsody, if for instance you are recording your first track it should say, "Status: Recording Track 1 of rhapsody"

Regards,
Mike Christensen

Mike
Thank you for this information. I believe I can locate it with my JAWS cursor here. For my own use and to learn about Replay Music 3.30. And to assist other blind users who may ask this question in the future.

jray9242
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
PERFECT! It worked like a champ. There was a setting in RM I had to make and when I did, it worked perfect. :)

Thank you

Jim

lgallag
06-14-2008, 04:29 PM
What setting did you change?