PDA

View Full Version : which sound cards are ok with stream capture?

bob coates
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I can only use the stream capture via the media guide - handy, but only live broadcasts and not all the addresses are correct, and I'd love to have access to listen again feeds.

As the firewall allows replay A/V through I'm assuming the realtek AC97 card is the problem - is it feasible to simply change the card? if so, can anyone tell me which cards would not give the same problems

thanks in advance

bob

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
When you use stream capture it is capturing from the native stream and is not dependent on your sound card. It sounds more like you are having an issue finding a good URL. If that is the case you need to open up AV. Now go to Tools-URL Finder. At this point go to what you want to capture and if the URL can be obtained the program will do so. If that is not the case let us know.

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh, if you see a link in the Media Guide that is down let us know in tech support so we can take a look at it and update. We depend on our customers to let us know when a link is not correct. Thanks.

bob coates
11-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Well no, it isn't the case- I have just listened to various sources over the net(bbc, irish, german, usa) in various formats and none appears in the url finder - in fact as soon as I open the finder I always get the message"no network activity was detected on any available network adapter. Please make sure you have a live internet connection and that replay AV is not blocked by a firewall" then the url finder opens, but nothing appears (yesterday a video ad I had never seen was cached there!) Network adapter to monitor is blank until I click on it and " NIC FAST ETHERNET PCI FAMILIA RTL8139 DE REALTEK". Yet I can capture live feeds from the bbc or german channels if I go via the media guide.

Any advice would be welcome.

thanks

bob coates

craig78681
11-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Bob, do you have the URL finder open before you connect to the audio stream? That's the way it works. It analyzes the connection steps and finds the URL of the actual stream.

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2008, 02:35 PM
If you continue to have this issue please contact tech support for additional assistance. Thanks.

btr57
12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
My Replay AV8 has been working fine, if a little finicky. I am doing video stream captures from archived files on sites. Suddenly AV8 can't see my network adapter (Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller, as I am on LAN), with the No Network Activity error message. It now can't see any URLs.

Any thoughts?

btr57
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Can anyone help?

daxwax
01-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm having the same problem as Bob.
I can record the streams of an internet radio show
I can record audio through the speakers (e.g. audio from a youtube clip)
But when I click 'record' - 'stream capture video or audio clips' I immediately get an error message which says 'No network activity detected on any network adapter. Please make sure you have a live internet conection and that replay AV is not blocked by a firewall'.
I've checked both these things and can't figure it out. Can anyone help?
I'm on Vista.
Thanks

Cheryl Wester
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
If you have Vista try this for seeing the network adapter. If this doesn't work contact tech support.

Turn OFF User Account Control:

Open Control Panel
Go to User Accounts
Click on Turn User Account Control on or off
Click continue to verify.
De-Select the Use User Account Control (UAC)...
Click OK
Re-start your computer