PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music 3.5 not identifying tracks

jantypas
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
This is old news, many, many, many people are noting that Replay Music no longer reliably identifies tracks, or no longer identifies tracks at all (as in my case).

For completeness, as Support will ask:

1. This was never a problem prior to 3.3x. Since then, 0% of the tracks identiified.
2. XP , Vista-32 and Vista-64 all fail
3. I record from Rhapsody 4
4. I've tried all the various volume settings
5. All songs are complete, and sound just fine, they just aren't identified.

In short, Applian, you're software is in need of repair. I'm greatly concerned most of the reports ask us to change random settings and volume levels. We never had to do this before when you used Gracenote. It seems to me your new solution is, at best, very particular and far too complex to be used with anything but Beta software. Until it is reliable, go back to Gracenote so we can continue to use this product. Again, it works when we use Gracenote -- I'd pay more, for a reliable product if that's what it takes.

This reminds me of JRiver's Media Center product. They too, switched from Gracenote and it took YEARS before their product came back up to a quality level. I still use it, but it too no less than two major release to recover.

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2008, 07:06 AM
If the songs you are trying to record are from a new album they might not have it in the database as of yet. We have found that it takes a little longer for the database to populate.

Replay Music needs to hear the entire song in order to identify the track. So, please make sure that Replay Music can hear the entire song and that it is being played from a good clean source with ample silence broadcasted between tracks.

For best recognition, make sure that the splitting settings are set to their defaults. In settings, go to the splitting tab and click the use defaults button.

I know you have mentioned that the songs are complete but I wanted to say that for other readers of the forum. Do make sure you are running in administrative mode. If you continue to have a problem contact tech support as we will need your log file. Thanks.

jgatie
11-24-2008, 08:34 AM
I too found that the newer version of RM didn't reliably ID music. Then I switched the input from Volume to Audio Driver. 180 degrees difference.

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Great. That is what we prefer that you use-audio capture and not one of the others.

gonegator
12-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I just updated to Replay 3.5 and 0% tracks are identified. I did not realize they went away from gracenote. Is there a way to go back to previous version or have they found a fix yet?

Donnellpj
12-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I am experiencing the same exact issues. I might get 1 in 10 songs to actually identify, if I am lucky. It seems to be hit or miss.

I might get a current song to work, but not one from 30 years ago. Makes the "incomplete database" theory sort of unreliable.

I am using all defaults in the splitting tag, and "audio driver" as the source as reccomended. Still not tagging correctly.

What was the change in ID tagging software, and how do I know if its even working as intended? With Gracenote, you always knew when it was working, where with the new method, there is no indiaction its even checking before it times out.

UPDATE: I reverted back to v2.51 and re-recorded a track that was otherwise not tagging at all. Gracenote had it tagged before the track finished playing. RM v3.5 appears to be broken.

xteife
12-07-2008, 03:29 PM
I just upgraded from 2.5 to 3.5 and am getting about 50% song recognition. I used to pull exclusively from Rhapsody and got probably over 85%, but have only tried Pandora with 3.5. I have not changed any of the defaults settings except for the record rate and the destination folder. Pretty disappointed. Might just have to uninstall and re-install 2.5...

cain
12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
You'll get better sound quality from Last.Fm, Jango.Com and Slacker.com than you will Pandora.com. FWIW.

For those services:

Last.Fm = WebStream Dumper
Jango.Com and Slacker.Com = Http Media

128 bit on all of them, whereas Pandora is moving to 64k lossless, which is okay, but not as great as the others. ;)

maxrenn
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Hello, actually Pandora (like Aol Radio) streams HE-AAC (or AAC+) files.
I made a blind test between those files and 128kb mp3's and really could not
tell the difference.
The real problem with .m4a files is that windows explorer does not see the tags
and that you must download a AAC+ plugin for windows media player.
Moreover most mp3 players do not recognize this format and play it as it had a
22 050 frequency instead of 44100.

cain
12-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Thank you for the insight.

For my conclusion I was basing it off of captured streams from Pandora that I then played in iTunes. From the player (Pandora) to iTunes, there is a marked difference (your explanation now helps me understand.)

Thank you.

Jazzoid
12-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I have used your product for several years with great success. However since v3.45 and now with v3.5 I, too, have zero songs being identified. Using Rhapsody they used to be at least 90% accurate. I have checked all settings and they are as you have described they should be.

This is very discouraging and I hope you fix it soon.

Cheryl Wester
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Make sure you are using the web based version of Rhapsody and not the standalone player. You will find that it works better for you. Also, make sure you are running the program with administrative rights and that the song is playing through completely.

If you continue to have a problem contact tech support with your log file and the info we will need to troubleshoot. Thanks.

Jazzoid
12-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, all is as you suggest. It didn't work in 3.45 either. The only thing that has changed is the newer downloads...

Have opened a support ticket.

digitalme77
12-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm running Replay Music 3.5 and Vista 64bit. It wouldn't recognize any songs/artists with Rhapsody (locally installed client).

Here's what fixed my problem:
Find ReplayMusic.exe
Right click / Properties
Compatibility Tab
Check box "Run this program as an administrator"

Cheryl from support helped me fix this problem after opening a support ticket. She mentioned to use the web client but it worked fine with the locally installed Rhapsody client.

teemay
01-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm running Replay Music 3.5 and Vista 64bit. It wouldn't recognize any songs/artists with Rhapsody (locally installed client).

Find ReplayMusic.exe
Right click / Properties
Compatibility Tab

Cheryl from support helped me fix this problem after opening a support ticket. She mentioned to use the web client but it worked fine with the locally installed Rhapsody client.

I tried the other suggestions in earlier threads, but this one did the trick, thanks.

araniura
01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I am having this problem as well. I just updated from 2.51 to 3.5. I am on Windows XP. Yes, I have admin privileges. Replay isn't tagging a single song. I use a Launchcast paid subscription, so the audio quality is good. And I never had a problem with version 2.51.

I'm really disappointed that this program no longer tags songs. I purchased a copy of Replay Music for my boyfriend as a gift for Christmas because I liked this program so much only to discover that it really doesn't work anymore. It doesn't tag songs for him either and he uses Pandora, which is pretty embarrassing for me since I gave him a gift that doesn't work.

campbill
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Find ReplayMusic.exe
Right click / Properties
Compatibility Tab

This is what fixed it for me, also!

Thanks for the help.

Cheryl Wester
01-15-2009, 07:07 PM
We are finding that the program does not work that nicely with Launchcast. This has to do with how they handle the DRM and the quality of the music. You might try another program such as Rhapsody and Pandora to see if that does the trick for you. Thanks.