PDA

View Full Version : Can not capture WMA Files with Replay Video Capture.

FourEyedLady
11-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Can not capture WMA Files.

How can I do this? It will not capture WMA Files.

The FourEyedLady

Cheryl Wester
11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
What program are you using to capture the file. Thanks.

FourEyedLady
11-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I tried using both Applian apps first to capture and then convert.

Then:

I used the WM Player to capture and save but Applian does not convert these files to .avi.

Any insight?
FourEyedLady

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi,

Applain offers approximately 9 different recording/converting programs, can you please clarify which two you're apps you're attempting to use, specifically by name?

Please give us the NAME of each program you're using, and the version #, we're not that good at guessing. :)

Thank you.

FourEyedLady
11-23-2008, 03:54 PM
The latest version I downloaded yesterday of Real Video Capture & Real Video Converter.

Does it or doesn't it convert WMA files? if it does, how because it does not do it for me. I am not good at guessing here either. :mad:

FourEyedLady

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Post Moved to Replay Video Capture forum

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the additional info.

Now, having clarified that..you're having problems recording with Replay Video Capture and replay converter?

You should be able to convert both to AND from WMV files with no problem using Replay Converter, but first we need to get the recorder working for you. :-)

Would you mind being more specific and giving me the URL of the video you're trying to Record with Replay Video Capture?

Also, what operating sytem are you using (Vista, Windows Xp, Etc)

Final question(s), I would like you to go into the Settings of Replay Video Capture by clicking the "Settings" button, then click the "Audio Setup/Test button."

We are interested in what is listed under the Audio Sources. Is there anything there besides the Universal Audio Driver?

If so, when each of the other options are selected, is there a "Wave," "Stereo Mix," "What-U-Hear" or anything along those lines listed under "Audio Inputs" (The colum just to the right)? For example, My Audio Inputs says Stereo Mix, Line-In, Microphone and a few others..

Looking forward to your response, and Thanks in advance. :)

FourEyedLady
11-23-2008, 04:51 PM
The URL is:
http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=9245&SectionName=&PlayMedia=Yes

The OS is Windows XP service pack 2.

There are two drivers under the "Audio Setup/Test button".

I like using the direct capture method by Real Media Capture; Real Video Capture captures the screen but frankly the quality of the video & audio are not as good as Real Media Capture.

FourEyedLady

Cheryl Wester
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Replay Video Capture is a screen capture program. Replay Media Catcher is a stream capture program. That is why the quality of the former is not as sharp as the quality of Media Catcher. I was not able to get your link to record with either Replay AV or with Replay Media Catcher. You would need to use the screen capture program Replay Video Capture for this program. If you need further assistance with converting the file please submit a tech support ticket as we will want to take a look at your log file and other more detailed information. Thanks.