PDA

View Full Version : My AV8 won't recoginze my internet connection

TerryP
03-25-2008, 10:16 AM
When using the Replay AV8 software, I click either the Recording Wizard or the Stream Capture Tool and get a message that says No Network Activity was detected on any available Network Adapter.
Please make sure you have a live internet connection, and that Replay AV is not being blocked by a firewall.

I never set the firewall to block the connection, so how do I check to see if this is happening. My firewall in Norton has never blocked any new software I’ve installed before so I am baffled by this message.

Also in the setting area that says:

Connections

Set up your Internet connections on this screen,

Connect via default Dial-up connection
(Leave this unchecked if you connect via a LAN, DSL, or Cable Modem)
I have tried this option both checked and unchecked and neither way works.

I use a an internet card which provides wireless broadband and when I use it for Replay Media Catcher I do not experience this problem. I am only now having this problem with the full Suite package I purchased so I can capture Windows Media files.

How can I resolve the issue of the software not recognizing my internet connection?

Help please thank you.

TerryP
03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I have confirmed that my Norton Firewall is permitting all Replay software and also even though my Microsoft firewall is off since I use Norton, the Replay software was added and still I get the same no connection message just as before. I am baffled. I can still use the Media Catcher but not the AV8.

Cheryl Wester
03-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Are you using a PC Card such as from Sprint or Verizon? If so our network adapter will not find the card. As a workaround use a router that holds your card such as the one that Sprint has. It will then read the network. The card, without the router, will work without this when capturing from the Media Guide but not when you need to find your own URL.

Rick C
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Terry, I have the same results when I try to capture anything in A/V8. It says there is no activity, I use Norton too and it has never blocked something I have installed. I use a wireless router and a built in receiver in my laptop (sony Viao) within a home network. When I click help in AV I am connected to the web page OK. If I click on status in primary screen shot it goes from status/last recording to 'connecting' but then returns to status/last recording. When I go to the 'stream capture' page via the wizard it doesn't show any URLs, and I can't enter my 'network adaptor to monitor' info. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

gj110488
04-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi
When I try to record from a source that is playing it is hit and miss as to when replayav8 will recognize the url.

even when I type in the url after HUNTING FOR IT!! it still might not work.

I also have another problem. Replayav8 works okay for a few days and all of a sudden the short cut on the desktop doesn't work. The program also will not open.

Help somebody.

I'd like to find someone who would be willing to help on a one-to-one basis. :confused:!

PGP128
04-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm a newbie myself so I'm not sure if my answer has been mentioned elsewhere.

I also had the same problem and I had Norton installed. However I don't think Norton is the problem either. Although the documentation points to the firewall or tells you to turn off user account control, if you are running Vista, just run AV as administrator and it should "see" your network adapter.

I didt want to turn off user account control either.