PDA

View Full Version : Converting animated GIFs to video?

wswfdmlcom
11-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know how to convert an animated GIF file to a video format? Do any of the Replay products do that?

Thank you

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, you could RECORD the animated Gif with Replay Video Capture...that would record it in a video format for you.

Check it out here if you have not yet: Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/demo.php)

That's really the only solution I can offer, hope it helps. :)

wswfdmlcom
11-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I have Replay Media Catcher, but it doesn't recognize there's an incoming "video". Is Replay Video Capture different from Replay Media Catcher?

I purchased the bundle that included Freecorder, Replay AV 8, Replay Converter, Replay Media Catcher, Replay Media Splitter, Replay Music, Replay Screencase, and WinPcap. Does that bundle somehow omit the one product I need?

Thank you

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 04:16 PM
The thing is, the gif is NOT a video..it's simply a series of .gif files being flipped rapidly giving it that appearance (imaging rapidly flipping notecards in your hand). In theory, I guess it IS a video based on that, but it's not a video by any recording software standards, and the file is still just a gif (picture/still image) file.

With regards to the differences, The way Replay Media Catcher works is it does not record what is actually playing on your screen, in fact if you want to think of it this way, it does not \"Record\" at all. What it is really doing is capturing URL\'s from these streams and then downloading the video using the URL.

Now, granted, there is not ONE program out there that can record everything. This is the same with Media Catcher as well, so we created Replay VideoCapture which works pretty much oppositely of Replay Media Catcher. It records what's on your screen, online...offline, whatever you choose to record. If you have NOT yet tried out/purchased Replay Video Capture, I suggest you check it out at the above link.

I hope this helps. :-)