PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying out a demo of Replay Media Catcher

kungfu
11-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying out a demo of Replay Media Catcher before I purchase and testing on this video:
http://www.megotv.com/vcms/

I can download but I can not get real "file' and 'id'

Can anyone offer me some insight as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Kungfu,

First of all, that's a cool website so thanks for sharing it with those of us who may not have been familiar with it.

With regards to it, I test Recorded Spiderman 3. The file name Media Catcher 'grabbed' was "spideman_3_hbo.f4v_366fdcd6".

When the file was done, it remained as such.

While Replay Media Catcher is GREAT at recording and re-naming files, it's not able to re-name ALL often due to a lack of coding in the file itself, or non-english characters.

In this case, simply open the Recordings Folder and Re-name the file manually.

I hope this helps. :)

kungfu
11-24-2008, 10:49 AM
However, I tried to get "file' & 'id' on HBO chanel, I got:

"file' : rtmp://202.78.227.11/live/
'id' : www1.megotv.com

When trying to run this in IE or Firefox, I get nothing ...just a blank page.:confused:and I think it is bogus

Any help please...

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Wester
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I have just tested this URL with several different programs from the site and it is working without an issue. Please make sure that you are opening up Media Catcher first. Then, go to what you want to capture and it should work for you. If you have been to the site before you might need to select the refresh key on your browser for it to work. Keep in mind that it will only capture 75 percent while in demo mode. If you need further assistance with this please contact tech support for more individualized assistance.