PDA

View Full Version : (Some) FLV YouTube videos can not be converted...

MatthewC1000
11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
(Some) FLV YouTube videos can not be converted :mad: when converting it to
AVI (Xvid) file the video is like 9 seconds and, ofcourse...nothing is there :(

Here is a link example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw

Please help :)

Thx.

I noticed the issue is the videoplayback.flv's that have the issue. Not the get_video.flv
14621ADC_videoplayback.flv

By the way, I noticed that Media Player classic will not play this FLV file either here is the error I get:

C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\Desktop\14621ADC_videoplayback.fl v:Output
MainConcept MPEG Demultiplexer::VC1

(Edited by Admin: Lengthy Code is not necessary in forum posts)

Cheryl Wester
11-22-2008, 11:20 PM
What version of converter are you using? If it is the latest right mouse click the file when it is in the converter and select troubleshoot. Then try and do the conversion again. If you continue to have the issue let tech support know as they will need your log file and additional info. That is not information that we want on the forum. Thanks.

MatthewC1000
11-23-2008, 03:45 AM
What version of converter are you using? If it is the latest right mouse click the file when it is in the converter and select troubleshoot. Then try and do the conversion again. If you continue to have the issue let tech support know as they will need your log file and additional info. That is not information that we want on the forum. Thanks.

Success! It turned out I was using an old version of RC 3.12...however, I upgraded to 3.20 and, it converts it just fine :)

However, The flv file (provided) seems to only open in FLV players
like Applian FLV however, WMP does open flv files however, it won't open this one.

Kind Regards.

Jeff Lenney
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Glad that did the trick for you Matthew. In the future, please go easy on the length of posts you make here. (The code at the bottom of your post was rather lengthy, and to be honest, not relevant)

Thanks, and again, glad it's working for you! :D