PDA

View Full Version : Download Usage in stream capture

nrms
11-22-2008, 09:01 AM
When I use stream capture to record an internet radio media stream, I start the radio station playing in the browser and the stream capture starts automatically in RMC. If I then stop the music playing in the browser, the stream capture continues. This is all as expected.

My question is: Was I using twice as much download bandwidth when I was listening to the music as well as stream capturing at the same time?

Logic would suggest that I was, and it's quite an important question if your Internet Service Provider operates a monthly download cap.

Thanks
NigelS

Tasha Heinlein
11-22-2008, 09:46 PM
When I use stream capture to record an internet radio media stream, I start the radio station playing in the browser and the stream capture starts automatically in RMC. If I then stop the music playing in the browser, the stream capture continues. This is all as expected.

My question is: Was I using twice as much download bandwidth when I was listening to the music as well as stream capturing at the same time?

Logic would suggest that I was, and it's quite an important question if your Internet Service Provider operates a monthly download cap.

Thanks
NigelS

You seem to already have guessed that the answer is yes. If you are just recording audio and are worried about bandwidth you might look into our Freecorder Toolbar (http://applian.com/sound-recorder/). This is not a stream capture, it will record what you are listening to. Obviously the quality may not be as good and you would need to listen to the entire session that you want to record.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.